"POLL" Pay for 7.5 on the way for christmas

What? Where do compilers live in your opinion? Are you serious?

If you’re talking to me, yes.

I use the Microsoft C# compiler. This one “lives” on Windows, Windows 7 in my case.

Actually it is often very entertaining to read your postings, because they, more often than not, remind me of standup comedy.

How old are you, if I may ask?

C# isn’t C+ of which the latter Cubase is compiled.

“forthwith” please stop derailing my thread

Maybe, but why would a developer compile in an inferior, potentially unstable environment such as Windows when they could be working in a rock solid UNIX environment?

What are you talking about? Almost 100% of Windows software is compiled on Windows PCs.

The tools are amazing, and the stability is also ok.

Compiling Windows software on a *nix is an odd concept. Not unheard of, but odd, nevertheless.

Doubtful because of Mac, of which a direct port would always be made first.

No MAC OSX is just copycat of LINUX Unix.
Apples has not come up with anything except steal it, marking it and selling it for overprice.

The real core is----> Linux-UNIX. I can guarantee you many of all the programmers on Apple use Linux in their free time. All features like “windows that fly” GUI-look, other features etc. comes from example LINUX KDE.

Everything has always come from LINUX. By the way LINUX are years ahead of Mac OSX Mavericks too.

If you like Mac use it! Please, I don’t want to hijack this thread! This forum is about Cubase and music not OS.
Have a great day, over and out! :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie :slight_smile:

+1 :wink:

Hi Fred, one of the first things i learnt about computers is that Apple in the early times had used their own system but the hardware was equivalent to Atari, which allowed better timing than on early PC’s.

ROFL, you might want to take a gander at where html5 came from … the only reason apple adopted early (notice the word adopted, not created) it was to get out from under the stranglehold flash had on the content serving world.

EDIT: and were NOT among the first to put it in their browser as standard support … see opera and others for that distinction.

that’s interesting, so when I compile VST instruments on my Windows machine a magic Unix VM poofs into existence so the code can be compiled?

lol, I should have read the rest before responding. I should have realized you were trolling, my bad … and you got me. :laughing:

Steinberg lock this thread

Thats the HVM. Hogwartzy Virtual Machine.

EDIT: also my comment was OT…

Better integration?

I don’t think so.

It’s just “less choice, so a whole company can focus on a few hardware options.”

I prefer the openness and freedom of the PC platform, regardless of the Windows / Linux - question. I just use Windows because there is no Cubase and no VST plugins for Linux. If there were, Windows would be gone forever from this machine.

Hello,

I’m closing this thread because it’s gone completely off topic.