OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Cubase 7

Geez, I guess its good to register your products, because I have 2 WDs and I did not get this message. Imagine losing data and not knowing what happened.

Well, the guys over at the WaveLab camp has declared WL Maverick safe, so it ought to be a Cubase issue. On the other hand, I just did a very simple test. I Installed Mavericks, Cubase 7.0.6, WaveLab Elements 8.0.3 and my audiocard driver to a second harddrive. I then played a 50 minute album with iTunes, Cubase and WLE. Not a single drop-out, pop, crackle or dangerous noiseburst. Is there any more precise information about when these dangerous noiseburst are supposed to occur (normal playback or with specific actions taken)?

My next test will be to install Mavericks on a clone of my main drive, so I can see how other apps and plug-ins behave.

So I know Steinberg have said the following:

Some Steinberg hardware products need to be updated as well to ensure full compatibility with the new OS X version. We therefore recommend you not to upgrade to OS X 10.9 yet.*

But I just bought a new Mac Pro which comes with Mavericks out the box and recently purchased Cubase 7. So what do I do? Will this fix for Mavericks even be free or will I have to pay to upgrade the version of cubase I haven’t even been able to use yet? Do I return Cubase and get my money back? There is no sign of an official ETA from anywhere apart from “We are working on it”.

Some kind of indication would be good, at least that would eliminate the uncertainty.

Waiting on UPS for my Cubase 7… I’ll keep you guys informed how it goes, fingers crossed and toes too lol.

Yes I agree! I have two songs that I need to export for a CD project that crashes all the time!
It´s urgent. It´s a crash with a realtime plug export error in it.
Please Mr Steinberg hurry up! :slight_smile:

D

Its steinberg. Wavelab also affected by the digital noise. I only have one ear and after cubase did damage to that with mavericks, I then loaded a file in wavelab 8 demo and almost fell off my chair as it blasted my ear again. Its dangerous and it’s not a joke I am certain that if I wasn’t using a laptop speaker at the time I’d have more hearing loss now than I already have, then again, my tinnitus has been much worse since that happened. No other audio app in history is affected, I assume nuendo will have the same problem but I can’t confirm. I haven’t been able to use cubase at for a month now, and obviously I have completely lost any use of my wavelab demo. This has to be priority one to fix. Even avid have already released full compatibility with pro tools. Logic, ableton, studio one, dp, pt, all work properly. That shows you how non standard the steinberg mac osx asio implementation is, because they are the only apps affected. I am talking fact now, not fiction. A class compliant USB audio interface will hurt your ears and speakers in mavericks and cubase and wavelab. Please please be careful.

I’m new with Cubase… One problem I’m having is my midi keyboard is not in sync with the note I pressing. I heard no sound when I press a key.

something strange going on with the midi device setup too. one minute the midi learn is working the next its not ‘learning’ any messages at all.

weird.

I too am ‘chomping at the bit’ but c’mon guys.
It has not even been a month yet.

Patience. Don’t rush this.
Give them time to ‘get it right’
or there will be complaining about the ‘fix’.

One thing kinda worries me tho’.

Seems like we will be going thru this once a year now. :frowning:
{‘-’}

Solved… I fix it by checking the Asio Latency Compensation on the track. In the preference Record-Midi i put a check in Asio Latency Compensation Active by Default.

hope this is fixed soon i bought a new imac and it will be here this week and guess what they are all shipping with? yep Mavericks

So far it’s running Great… But still keeping my fingers and toes crossed :smiley:

It’s such a pity that the Cubase team drags their feet behind them. The WaveLab team released an update within days of Mavericks release!

i have this to say … “UGGGGGGG” come on Steinberg drop us mac guys a fix

Your not configured correctly … you have just stuck a band aid on the problem is all you have done …
goto the your devices menu then Devices setup then under VST AUDIO SYSTEM and adjust the Sound card Driver and in the submenu the Latency … you will need to tweak the latency down to a small value but don’t go to low as your system will start dropping out … tip watch your performance meter as you tweak it if you aim for the first 1/3 of the meter you should be ok and don’t forget to remove the constrain delay compensation hope that solves your issue

Thanks for the advice… so far no crashes. Working on my first beat in Cubase 7 with OS X 10.9 :smiley:

Any progress on this Steinberg?

Would love a progress update… anything… pretty please…

Am literally at the mercy of the techs as all my recording is done in cubase and miss it.

Is there any light at the end of this month long tunnel of static noise?

Even with the ASIO patch just recently released, Cubase is still very dodgy on Mavericks for me.

I often get a crash upon starting Cubase, sometimes several launches of Cubase in a row, then 2nd or 3rd launch it “sticks” and Cubase stays running.

The video service frequently stops functioning - this almost never happened before the Mavericks upgrade.

OK, so I know all the news is about Steinberg going to 7.5 but really a serious %100 approved Mavericks fix needs to be created ASAP. All my plugins I use have been officially approved for use with Mavericks for a couple weeks now. What’s the delay Steinberg?