this'll change everything 14 nov

Hm. Well, I loved the drummer in the video, he is a first rate studio player. And it’s possible that you might know someone somewhere in the world that has a facility like he has at his disposal. But it all falls apart for me right there. Because I don’t have the kind of bank (money) to pay for the use of that studio for, hm, say one or two hours? Three? I dare say most of you here would not spend that money either.

The midi idea is interesting, sure. But that Yamaha in the studio cost big money, too. Synthesizers of the collectable nature in the hands of friends could be cool, or maybe some facility that didn’t have a great sound room, perhaps.

As to getting BB or Eric to play on one of your tracks? Please be serious. Joe Bonamassa doesn’t even have his (Eric’s)phone number.

Well, it’s an interesting idea, I agree. I am sure Mikail (in the video) and songwriters and producers of this nature and background will be able to use this product very well - because he is Steinberg and he is CONNECTED because of Steinberg. Good for him. But see also how studio time for these sessions was not discussed. The sax player was in her home - looked like it - and I could see that being peer to peer, cool, but not those studios. You and I would have to pay big money. Well, maybe $300+ per track is not big money to you. Anyway, IMO, the best thing this will do is perhaps encourage some future where you - as a Cubase user - will cause you to connect to your peers here. Folks who may have a talent or an instrument you can use on a track and who won’t charge you anything. Ha, is even this possible?

So not a game changer for me. I will continue to pool the local talent in my town when needed and bring them here. And that’s my last point. When I do bring a drummer here, or say a horn player, I am all theirs for the time it takes to get the track. I treat them like Kings and Queens, buy/serve them lunch/dinner whatever, because they are helping me get something accomplished that I need to accomplish. If I called them up and said , ‘hey, could you please set up your kit and I will send you a part I need along with the demo track, and then get out all your $1000 mics (which they don’t have) and plug yourself into your console (which they don’t have) and call up an engineer friend to oversee the mic setup and the recording…’ Are you kidding? It won’t happen. And the interaction we would have had, lunch, etc., won’t happen either.

…But very quickly, as I think about it, I could see how $$ might quickly take it’s place. Great, another opportunity for commerce to interface with friendships! No, no thanks. But I love Cubase, Steinberg!! :smiley: :smiley: