How do I put audio tracks in time in Cubase 7 ?

Hi I’m having trouble getting drum audio track in time can you help please, thanks Steve

Is it an audio loop that is a different BPM than your track? More info please :slight_smile:

I have recorded real drums, but did one without a click but need to put all drum tracks in time to a click as some parts like stabs in the chorus are out of time hope that helps

Best would be to re- record the tracks in time, since Multitrack time stretching will introduce phase issues on your drum tracks…

If the drums are relatively steady and don’t jump around in tempo per part then you could input a tempo that’s close to the tempo that the drummer played and sip edit your way to victory. I do this for a lot of bands that have bad drummers who can’t play to a click and it comes out fine.

Hi Steve

If you want what I think you want :confused: , play a midi “tap” along with the drums you have already recorded, quarter notes is fine, Then go to Midi>Functions>Merge Tempo from Tapping, then engage the tempo track and the sequencer will then be in time with the drums. If that’s what you wanted! I also find this a good way of straightening out the drums if they’re just a little off in one or 2 places, there are often bands that don’t want to(or can’t)play to a click. Hope this helps
Best Regards

Dave

The first way I would attempt to do something like this would be to import the drum audio track, then open the Cubase sample editor, and enable Musical Mode under AudioWarp with the Elastique Pro algorithm.

Assuming your audio event is well edited (starts on the first beat, stops at end of last bar) and Cubase knows the source material’s correct tempo (its tempo analysis isn’t always accurate), you basically don’t have to do anything; Cubase will automatically arrange the beats to sync up with your project.

If Cubase can’t figure out the proper tempo or exact beat/bar length, you can specify that stuff in the sample editor. I use Native Instruments Traktor to do BPM analysis on audio files. It seems to get things right the first time a lot more often than Cubase does.