Who else loves the control room

Needs more cues and a return to the 6.5 layout. But, as a concept it is awesome.

I prefer the RME “control room.” Works much better with my UFX. But if I had a Steinberg interface, I would definitely use Cubase’s control room.

me to finding C7 CR confusing , it opens it closes its not possible to see all cues full controls at one glance, its more clicky with mouse… was better and straightforward in cubase 5…so i vote for improved GUI on this one too.

yep i agree too

Put me down for another agree 100% vote.

Its the one area in Cubase 7 I don’t like as much as before.

MC

Me too, the Control was definitely better in 6.5…

I think it would be interesting to hear from people that preferred the 6.5 CR, which parts that they like better than the 7 CR, or a specific behavior, etc… If it’s just “the whole thing” well then it’s obviously little point in replying.

That way the Steinberg team could possibly steer things towards a better CR for everyone.

On topic, I really like the control room too. :slight_smile:

@Elektrobolt

It’s basically a visibility thing. The control room had IMO the correct idea as being a mixer for the studio side of things. For some reason it got turned into a channel strip in C7. Which, IMO does not lend itself to the process very well. As far as telling Steinberg, there are multiple threads with graphics showing the differences. This is just one of numerous threads about the topic.

its as JMCecil wrote… its not the functionality its the visibility. Gui and accessibility to the functions.
they have lot of feedback from users here on new CR gui design, maybe they should let a recording engineer to work with them in real studio/show situation to understand the difficulties with the new design.
but im sure they know it by themselves !!

I also love the ControlRoom and use it 24/7. :mrgreen:
It´s absolutely the right way to integrate the CR into the MixConsole 7!
But…the GUI/implementation… erm.
:wink:

Exactly, its a control room mixer. We want it to look and behave like one with vertical sliders like in v6.x not the horizontal way it works now, there’s just too much info crammed into a small space.

I could understand if this were a pref for someone with 1 or maybe two small low res monitors, but for those of us with 2 or 3 large hi res monitors then we’ve the screen real estate to have a horizontal floating mixer.

MC

I still use 5.5.2 (but I do own 6 and 7 oddly enough). I see that many of you like the CR; please tell me why… I’ve opened it a few times, but never dug into it much

This is maybe a silly question but the right topic …
If I don’t have a separate control room and studio, mainly work alone, and my patch bay is set up so I hardly ever need to patch anything to break into the normaled connections, is there some real benefit of using the Cubase Control Room then? I’ve opened it and sort of know my way around and I see how it works but what’s in there for me that I don’t see?

If you don’t have a monitor controller the volume and dim can be handy

Yeah, the dim! I’ve gotta investigate the Control Room again for that alone, me thinks! Thanks :sunglasses:

Here’s a few

Mono checking, multi monitor auditing, alternate mix checking, sub mix leveling, monitoring at a comfortable level without affecting the standards based level that exports … I’m sure I’m missing a few.

Even better!!!
I’m testing right now so … :sunglasses:

Damn! This works great! :sunglasses:

yeah, truly an under appreciated feature. But I want the mixer view back!

Listen bus too or whatever it’s called. The (L) button on the mixer ties into the CR. In the CR you can set how much it dims the other channels when you click the listen button in a channel.