Mini The Moog

Strophoid,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my recent pics. i am pleased that the links and uploads worked !! Would you say that the method i have used is the best (and only) option ?? As i say, the forum would not accept the ‘size’ of my photo’s (which were around 4MB each) ??

The seller gave me a full 90 x mins demonstration on the Moog at his home before i made the purchase which was very helpful indeed. So yes, it sounded amazing and i found it (on that occassion) easier to be able to an analize/concentrate on the sound whilst he was playing it, rather than me. i had a quick play of course, but it was mainly the seller who (quite literally !!) could not keep his hands off the damn thing !!

Because i was travelling down on the train from Liverpool to Bristol to make the purchase, the seller kindly included a fully flight case. Heavy of course but vital for serious transportation. i bought the 4 x Moog stickers from :-

stickers-design@hotmail.fr

It was a lovely sale and the seller has become a very close friend.

Happy days… :mrgreen:

Paul

Yeah this works fine, I’m on my phone as well so this is a good solution. To embed pics in your post they can be at most 700 pixels wide so if you want that you’ll need to resize them manually first. Alternatively you can upload them as attachment to your post, but 4mb is too much, can’t remember what the limit is but I imagine it tells you when you try.
Using something like Flickr is fine though.

Ta mate,

It says ‘1MiB’ is the maximum file size. But as i kept reducing the photo’s the quality seriously diminshed and became unusable.

So i opened accounts with Flickr and SkyDrive. It took bloody AGES to upload all the pics, but once they are done then thats it !!

Yeah, reducing the photo quality is a bad idea, you are better off resizing them to make them smaller. That saves much more space without harming the quality (you just lose detail obviously, but at least colours remain intact) and you don’t need huge pictures anyway.

But do you think that the way i have done it (ie. provided LINKS to uploaded pic’s on a 3rd Party website) is a good method ?? :question:

Yeah sure, it works fine. It’s just slightly easier for the reader if you are able to embed them right in the post using img tags, but that’s a bit more work for you because they need to be the right resolution. To get them in the post just get a direct link to the image you want to embed and put it in between the img tags, like so:

[img]https://i2.sndcdn.com/avatars-000002284831-y93rbx-t200x200.jpg?3eddc42[/img]

I got that link by going to my own soundcloud page, rightclicking the image and copying the image url. That works on most websites, but not on flickr so that might not be the right choice as an image host IF you want to embed pictures.

This afternoon when I watched your images I just looked at the flickr album you posted. The other links I didn’t try, but I just noticed something went wrong in the formatting, because these links are truncated. If you want to paste a link to an image make sure it’s not automatically shortened when pasting it.

i just totally re-done them all from scratch, but i am not sure if they have still come out ‘truncated’ again ?? :confused:

I got that link by going to my own soundcloud page, rightclicking the image and copying the image url. That works on most websites, but not on flickr so that might not be the right choice as an image host IF you want to embed pictures.

Do you mean you Right-Click on the Image and then Click on PROPERTIES, and copy the ADDRESS URL :-

http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000007845772-jzm4xs-crop.jpg?3eddc42

or the AVATAR :-

avatars-000007845772-jzm4xs-crop.jpg?3eddc42

(these are both from my own SoundCloud page - http://soundcloud.com/monsterjazzlicks).

i will try this at a later date thanks a lot. But because there are about 28 x pic’s is total, i thought this would be a stupid amount to post purely because it would take up far too much room.

Yes the links are fine now :slight_smile:

Yeah that URL should work fine, just stick it inbetween img tags like in my previous post and it should work. 28 pics would be a bit much I agree :wink:.

Much appreciated Strophoid !!

Your example is very helpful indeed thanks.

i am very new to all this online file-sharing etc so i am constantly playing ‘catch up’ !! :open_mouth:

No problem man, I wish I had your gear. Don’t forget what you have :wink: :sunglasses:

Cheers man, i will posting some more vintage keys in the next couple of months :wink:

I checked the pics, it looks awesome! :sunglasses:

Thanks very much MFH. Nice to hear you appreciate the world of Moog !! :mrgreen:

Congratulations on you purchase it’s great to have the real thing can’t wait to hear what you do with it!

Back in day I had - Mini, Arp Odyssey, Clav, Rhodes Suitcase and C3 and Emulator2. The Moog we used for Bass it was incredible instrument and never had an issues with it. I personally loved the sound of the ARP and would love to get another one. Unfortunate the truck was stolen with all that gear in it in Miami Fla…worst day of life at that point :cry:

I am blessed today in having XK3C, B3, Dyno Rhodes and a the E2 which wasn’t in truck at time. I just bought a Wurly 200 model (206 that’s cut down) that needs refurbishing today. I used one on session yesterday and decided that I won’t spend another Day w/o one :slight_smile:
Wurly has got a hum, needs to be regulated (?) and the top octave sticks when pressing the sustain. SHouldn’t be to hard to fix though.

Rock on with that Moog!
Kenny

Hey there Kenny,

Thanks a lot matey. i am pleased you liked the photos. It is a great feeling finally owning one after 25 x years of dreaming about it !! i have definately done the right thing and hung on until the perfect one came along. i nearly ‘impulse bought’ a couple of times (on ebay) i am happy to admit !! :astonished:

Thats a very sad story about your wagon getting stolen with your gear in. When i was at music college our house got burgeled in the first week and i lost £1,500 worth of cd’s. So yes, its a dreadful feeling i know.

btw - i really enjoyed our Skype chat a couple of months back. Did you get sorted with the NORD keyboard you were looking for. Or did you choose another brand ?? i still have and use my Nord Stage 88 Classic all the time.

Best,

Paul

I ended up getting the Kurzweil PC3K8 keyboard, I swore I wasn’t going to get another Kurzweil but couldn’t pass up the deal I got at the Summer Namm show. I really think it’s a great keyboard, very powerful with a steep learning curve…Really easy to set up as control surface for Vienna Ensemble Pro also.

It was very sad (felt like the end of life time lol) but people came out in droves to help us giving us equipment to get back on our feet. It was amazing complete strangers calling/helping even, at that time it made me a different person so as bad as it was I was granted a new look at what it meant to be humane and play it forward.

Ok, i seem to remember you saying you wanted to use it in conjuction with your VSTi’s library on your PC. The External Section (which is great for using with modules like the Roland JV1080 etc) would not have been able to cope with your needs.

i could do with a bit of your help in you don’t mind jumping threads sometime to my ‘Komplete VSTi (or Similar?)’ please :-

Off to bed now as its 5am here !! :open_mouth:

Has anyone heared of or even used this ‘Subtractive Synthesis’ book by Rob Papen please ?? There are 4 x dvd’d inculded in the package. i came across it in the Time&Space website :-

Cheers,

Paul

Absolutely! I’ve been a Moog fan since the first time I heard it.
I own a Moog Satellite (which isn’t working properly and actualy isn’t a real Moog anyway), but I’d love to own a real Mini one day…

I got a copy of Wendy Carlos’ Secrets of Synthesis which is not bad, also have an old vinyl copy of the Nonesuch Guide to Electronic Music, which includes a great booklet.
Never seen this one by Pappin but it looks very interesting - provided it’s not too simplistic. :wink: