Setting up External Effects

Hello!

I just configured an external effect with Cubase and my Soundcard. It works fine with one minor detail that I don’t know how to fix. (BTW: I didn’t linked the effect to a midi device, the manual says I need to do that, but I don’t know exactly how to do it, it works without it)

I am sending a stereo signal to the external effect via output 3 and 4 from my soundcard (1 and 2 are connected to the monitors). Then I send the signal back to the soundcard/cubase using intputs 3 and 4 (1 and 2 are the front mic inputs).

The problem is all tracks are being sent to the external effect at all times. How do I set this up so only the tracks I want to use the effect, is sending their signal, is that even possible?

Edit: I have another problem, when the effect is not getting any signal there is a noise repeating that only goes away when there is signal being input.

You don´t need to do that.

If Cubase is configured correctly, then you need to learn how to setup the scarlett mixer

Thanks for the reply!

I needed to setup the Scarlett correctly for the external effect to work only on the tracks that is activated. It’s working as it should now.