foolomon wrote:So would you characterize it as worth the investment?
Also, does it support automation via MIDI CC? I'd like to control aspects of it in real time such as the maximum distance for a glissando vs. hammer on / pull off / two separately plucked notes, etc.
I don't know if this will help but this is from the wbsite:
"Legato mode: you can choose wether playing a legato will trigger Hammer ons, slides, sustains, or simply have no effect.
• The legato distance will define the maximum interval that in which the legato will apply.
• The release Volume: the sound produced when you release a string if a note was going on.
• Cabinet: you can turn the Cabinet simulation on or off.
• EQ: you can edit the Bass and Treble of the parametric EQ.
• The Sensitivity will set the minimum volume for velocity 1 and give you access to all the dynamics that you want.
• Chorus: As this is a fretless bass, we had to add a Chorus module, and you can change the Speed and Depth of it."
"698Mb, 858 samples.
around 10 Velocity layers for the sustain.
around 13 Velocities for the release.
Hammer on samples.
Advanced Vibrato effect controlled via modulation wheel.
Harmonics, ghost notes, string hits samples.
Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features."
I don't know the depth of MIDI control/automation of this instrument but I do think it is very good value.
If you want more information, perhaps contacting the company support will get you sorted, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.