Stripped windows version.

All depends upon how one uses their computer(s). If one uses multiple monitors, dual boot makes more sense.

For example, I have five monitors and a TV connected to my dual boot, and while I use them all for the DAW, I still use four of them for general use. Switching all of them is a bit beyond your average KVM switch. I suspect that many Cubase users have multiple monitors, so they may also be in the same boat. Dual boot keeps the space requirements minimal and cabling a lot simpler!

I use the general partition for VideoStudio Pro and PaintShop Pro for doing the YouTubes and artworks for our songs, to keep the DAW partition as clean as possible. I keep the files for the videos and artwork in folders within the Cubase project on a data drive common to the two boots. Separate computers would not allow that simple data setup.

The downside of dual boot is that Bluetooth keyboards don’t work so well as the pairing gets confused and needs to be setup again on each boot, so I went back to a wireless dongle keyboard.