Komplete VSTi (or similar ??)

Newman / JMCecil,

Thanks a lot for your extremely helpful replies guys.

i have spent all afternoon going through everything that i can on the various options/packages. A lot of things i am still not totally sure about (mainly stuff like terminology and specs) because i am relatively new to this medium. But having thought long and hard am am a good 90% sure i am going to purchase :-

‘vir2 Mojo Horns’ (for JAZZ BAND)

http://www.timespace.com/product/MOJO-1/6/mojo_horns/vir2_instruments_mojo%3a_horn_section.html

‘Project Sam Orchestral Essentials’ (for CLASSICAL)

‘Sound Iron Oympic Elements’ (for CHOIRS)

It was a very tough decision but i think this is the correct way forward for me. Yes, Kontakt and Komplete are excellent and offer fantastic value for money, but at the end of the day i really want/need dedicated VSTi’s instruments which are genre specific. This may be a more expensive way of doing it but at the end of the day (hyperthetically speaking) i would much rather have TEN sounds that i use all the time rather than TEN THOUSAND that i seldom use. i am a good ‘all round’ musician but ultimately i am planning to use Cubase to generate Classical and Jazz music for the most part. i looked thru many of the add-on VSTi’s offered by Native Instruments and again, while they are all excellent, i am anticipating that most of the packs i will be purchasing in the future will be dedicated 3rd Party ones.

Ta,

Paul