DONE! User defined beat: Grid,Compound time,odd meter,Click

+1
I’ve been longing for a metronome track type as long as I’ve used Cubase professionally, right now we almost always record a few bars of cowbell and a shaker with a suitable pattern, dupe it up and feed it to the cue sends to be able to mute and automate volume freely.

An alternative to a new track type could be a metronome plug-in for use in a regular audio track.

Some features I’d like to see:
-Possibility to add multiple metronome tracks/plug-ins, each with its own pattern, sound, and signature, with the option to map it either absolute or relative to the global tempo/signature. (for instance, a 3/4 metronome track with a global 4/4 signature could either mark every 3rd beat or give 3 over 4 pattern, great for practice)

-It would allow muting/automation locally for the track/plug, the “click” buttons and faders in the control room and on the transport panel would control all metronomes globally.

The only downside is that with more and more of these options the saved time and workflow difference would be less and less compared to slapping up some midi tracks and a groove agent one preset with your favourite click sounds. Maybe a simple solution with only basic automation would become the most used one after all.
/A