Mix Console Channel Strip help

marQs,

Thanks for the quick response all good words, I’m actually in messing around with things a bit more tonight.

I didn’t mention the EQ because I agree with you, its good. I’m not heavy handed on EQ’ing asides from Low/High pass’s but the stock EQ always cleans up what I need. I have not taken the time to learn the Voxengo EQ yet, I’m sure that is good and will eventually get to using it.

With using the presets, I took what I liked and throttled them back for the most-part. As you said they are specific and even way over the top in some cases. But I thought I picked up some good knowledge on how different instruments should be treated (ex: Bass Drum vs Bass Guitar vs Synth Pad, etc…). I’d start of with one track sounding good, the next few would be ok too but overall the mix would get drained and flat. I thought I kept things simple, maybe I’ll go back on a few projects and see if I’ve been over doing something.

I’m all for getting specialty tools, its more about learning what I have right now. I also have a Necktar P6 keyboard/controller, they did a great job of mapping things to the Cubase tools so using them helps workflow a great deal. That controller saved me a ton of time, no need to make a bunch of custom maps and QC’s!

I did forget to mention that my AI is a UR28M, that comes with a Yamaha Morphing tool that I’m going to take another look at. I found it to be a bit limiting when I initially tried it out. We’ll, see.

I’m sure it is mostly me not the Cubase tools, but it was interesting that I had such an easy time with Alloy 2…