1.7 bug

Hi

I did add a dropbox link to a small project, in my post above, where I froze a midi track (that was using AM Pop Kit 2) and the frozen audio track is longer than the midi track. Only slightly longer so it may be due to an FX trail in this case. However, the main problem I now have is that when I do a mixdown of a longer project, the filesize is much bigger than it used to be because of a lot of extra space at the end, which I can see when I view the wave in e.g. Audioshare. There do not appear to be any orphaned audio/midi clips at higher bar numbers that might be expected to cause this.
Here is a link to a larger project, which contains the wav created by the mixodown that I re-imported into Cubasis so you can see all the empty space at the end of it (plus a screenshot showing the project).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vttpzawg245reb1/Jazz%20with%20Doug.zip

Update: The larger mixdown size (and extra space in the wave) even occurs when I set the region markers at start and end of the project and select to mixdown the region between the markers!

The problem with editing a midi drum track below C1 seems to be related to the note range playable from the pads or keyboard in Cubasis. The lowest note of the keyboard range for AM Pop Kit is C1 in Cubasis. So even though I can play notes down to C0 from my midi keyboard I can’t edit those lower notes in Cubasis.

To re-create that issue:

1. Connect a midi keyboard to an iPad running Cubasis, using camera connection kit or other midi interface.
  2. Create a midi track and select AM Pop Kit 2
  3. Play and record notes on the midi keyboard that correspond to notes in the drumkit, down to C1 and then further, down to C0 (you should hear lower pitch kick drums)
  4. Now try to edit the midi notes you played that are below C1
    Note: if you bring up the Cubasis keyboard you can see the playable note range in Cubasis only goes as low as C1.

Thanks
Colin