So 7.5 is here (almost)

Interested in Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Postby ufoqbase » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Too bad Cubase 7 doesn't work properly for you in OSX. I did hit a brick wall with C7.05 in Win 7, but 7.06 works really well. I think version 7 is a fantastic update feature wise and Cubase is just getting better and better. I have no problems at all paying for the updates. Maybe you should consider booting Win 7 on your MAC, it's worth a try me thinks.

7.5 seems to be a perfect update for me

Hallo, I'm happy for you, really, from my side I've spent 149euro already for upgrade 6.5 to 7 last December.... I can't use C7 professionally under OSX, even 10.7 or 10.8 or the last Mavericks. 3rd party plugs have no problems under Logic or Protools, I'm so sorry to say that but Cubase 6.5 it's my principal host for 3rd party plugs, and I think a lot of other users are not strictly Steinberg plugs users too.

49 euro more? Why I've already payed for Cubase 7 I want and pretend a rock solid version, I don't need more features. I need my old Phase button, my Stereo dual panner etc. I'm very happy about C.6.5 very satisfied exept vary audio bugs, but it's ok because I can use Melodyne successfully. Steinberg please be serious and try to give us, old C7 buyers, a free bug fixes and free upgrades. Some people suggest to trash osx and install windows. I don't want pay a windows license for using cubase, even I don't want buy new computer etc etc. I've a great studio machine 6 core, 32gb ram, etc....

:D
Macbook pro 3.3ghz, 16Gb ram, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Addictive Drums, IK Sampletank, Amplitube.
ufoqbase

Postby Blackout » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 pm

so we are looking at 7.5 and still we need to load up a hex editor and hack our vst3 plugin files to be able to list them in Cubase in a custom order? and we still cant grab a channel in the mixer and drag it left or right in order?

yet again i see some programmer has been working away furiously instead on this damn Loopmash waste of time.

i just cant comprehend the stupidity
Blackout

Postby Luis Dongo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:20 pm

ufoqbase wrote:Too bad Cubase 7 doesn't work properly for you in OSX. I did hit a brick wall with C7.05 in Win 7, but 7.06 works really well. I think version 7 is a fantastic update feature wise and Cubase is just getting better and better. I have no problems at all paying for the updates. Maybe you should consider booting Win 7 on your MAC, it's worth a try me thinks.

Hallo, I'm happy for you, really, from my side I've spent 149euro already for upgrade 6.5 to 7 last December.... I can't use C7 professionally under OSX, even 10.7 or 10.8 or the last Mavericks. 3rd party plugs have no problems under Logic or Protools, I'm so sorry to say that but Cubase 6.5 it's my principal host for 3rd party plugs, and I think a lot of other users are not strictly Steinberg plugs users too.

49 euro more? Why I've already payed for Cubase 7 I want and pretend a rock solid version, I don't need more features. I need my old Phase button, my Stereo dual panner etc. I'm very happy about C.6.5 very satisfied exept vary audio bugs, but it's ok because I can use Melodyne successfully. Steinberg please be serious and try to give us, old C7 buyers, a free bug fixes and free upgrades. Some people suggest to trash osx and install windows. I don't want pay a windows license for using cubase, even I don't want buy new computer etc etc. I've a great studio machine 6 core, 32gb ram, etc....

Hi ufoqbase,

the support for Cubase 7 is not over yet. There will be at least one more maintenance update after the 7.5 is released :)
On the other hand, if the new features of 7.5 are not what you need, you don't have to update.

Regards
Luis Dongo, Technical Support
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby noiseboyuk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Transistor wrote:Anyway, is there a complete list of included fixes?

Yes, that would be useful - any chance, Luis? And any comment on the track name shortening?
noiseboyuk

Postby musicbeat » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm happy about LoopMash FX, I was just thinking about it the other day. I would love to see Mixer Track Colors, though.......these shades of grey are hendering my eyes & the flow.

Do you ever believe that we might see a Sessions View, like in Live or Sonar.....not to make Cubase like them but since we're getting more into EDM & DJ styles of workflow, it would be nice!
i7 3.4 ghz 16go L2|W8.1 x64
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Focal Pro - CMS 40
Cubase 7.5.20|Pro Tools 10|Spectrasonics Bundle|Komplete 9 Ultimate
musicbeat

Postby ufoqbase » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:32 pm

:D[/quote]
Hi ufoqbase,

the support for Cubase 7 is not over yet. There will be at least one more maintenance update after the 7.5 is released :)
On the other hand, if the new features of 7.5 are not what you need, you don't have to update.

Regards[/quote]

Thanks support, I can't wait to use Cubase 7 finally, only 1 years is passed, I only hope this last update Cubase 7.0.7 will resolve the 3rd party plugs problem and stability with Melodyne under OSX :D

I will not upgrade to 7.5 for sure don't worry :lol:
Macbook pro 3.3ghz, 16Gb ram, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Addictive Drums, IK Sampletank, Amplitube.
ufoqbase

Postby digifot » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:34 pm

From what I've seen, the Steinberg team has been working hard on this update and I got a good feeling for the future enhancements of Cubase. Of course I'll buy the update!
digifot

Postby dr4kan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:39 pm

musicbeat wrote:Do you ever believe that we might see a Sessions View, like in Live or Sonar

we who? I don't want that!
Cubase 7.5, Mac i7 16 GB ram (512 + 512 Samsung 840 pro), OSX 10.9.0
MR816X, Motu Ultralite, UAD 2, MCU Pro, CC121, Adam A7x, Axiom 49...
dr4kan

Postby musicbeat » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:51 pm

dr4kan wrote:we who? I don't want that!

So, does that means that others can't have it cause you don't?

Everyone has their style and tools........use what may and allow me the same!
Different strokes (workflows) for different folks
i7 3.4 ghz 16go L2|W8.1 x64
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Focal Pro - CMS 40
Cubase 7.5.20|Pro Tools 10|Spectrasonics Bundle|Komplete 9 Ultimate
musicbeat

Postby mpayne0 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Seems like a pretty good update to me.

I think these sort of updates may not address all of our concerns re bounce in place, automation views, etc. but to me it seems like the new features may be incorporating the DNA that need to be set before we get those things.

It looks these incremental updates are paving the path... they aren't throwing on a bounce in place, they are building a proper structure first, no sense in implementing bounce in place until they suss out the fundamentals of the inspector. Quick Controls makes a lot more sense now because they have been building towards in sync with Instrument Tracks and HSSE2.

I think I can see and appreciate what they're doing, I like how this program is consolidating and linking it's own features, it almost is becoming more 'modular' I like it!
mpayne0

Postby trock » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:23 pm

I think its a good update, but as usual its loaded with instruments, effects and a few workflow enhancements

i have always wondered why they can make these hugely complicated and wonderful instruments and other things and yet its impossible to get track coloring and moving tracks in the mixer?

i love 7, truly do but the mixer still just looks bad to me, i like what it does and i like what i brings but yo would think they could make it look better, and put some of these extras in like the above 2 i mentioned

VCA's
track coloring all the way up
switch tracks in mixer?

you would thing they could code this before lunch
Apogee Symphony - Pendulum Quartert - Sebatron Thorax - UA LA610 - KRONOS - Kemper - Les Pauls/PRS/Fender - 65 amps - Artist series - Lucas CS4 - Rolan TD 15KV - IMAC 3.5 i7/32gigs ram/1Tb internal - Cubase 7.5
trock

C7.5 has more NEW goodies than C7.0 had???

Postby HowlingUlf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:00 pm

:shock:

I've seen the videos and read a little and this one seems very much worth it for me!

I found what was added in 7.0 not really that great for what I need.
7.5 on the other hand has some stuff that reeeeally makes a difference for me!
So I've ordered 7.0 hoping for express delivery ... c'mon, it's only 500km hehe
please please please handle the order before the weekend and it can be in Gothenburg before Wednesday ??? :o 8-) :lol:
Gothenburg, Sweden
Cubase 7.5 32 | Intel i7 860 | 8GB | Win7 64 | Emu 1820M | BCR2000 | MPD16 via MIDI
and a few cables ... and some more stuff ... and even more than that, would you believe it ?!!?
HowlingUlf

Postby Rudi007 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Can steinberg please tell me how they select what new features should be added. According to the forums we've been screaming for multitrack audio warp, and being able to audio warp on the main project event page. Why wasn't this implemented. Who asked for magneto 2, or loopmash, or track versions? All stuff that is nice, but doesnt make my job easier. I have better tape saturation plugins. I have stutteredit. All i want is the ability to audiowarp mutliple files.. Why is it soooo difficult?

'
Full time Music Producer - Stone Studios International
I only use legal software ! ! !
Studio : Windows7 64 Bit, Intel Core i7, 16GB
Home: MacBook Pro, OSX Mavericks, i7 8GB
Cubase 7.5.20, Pro Tools 11, UAD2, WAVES, FABFILTER, STEVEN SLATE, SOUND TOYZ, BBE, VALHALLADSL, LEXICON
Rudi007

Postby mobetta » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:13 pm

I was really excited about the LoopMash effect, i have been waiting for this type of effect, but really bummed it can only be used on an audio track. i wish they could have implemented it to work on midi as a master track effect, like sugarbytes stuff does, make it more convenient while you are still working on the song, and it's not a finished track yet.
mobetta

Postby jose7822 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:
ufoqbase wrote:Too bad Cubase 7 doesn't work properly for you in OSX. I did hit a brick wall with C7.05 in Win 7, but 7.06 works really well. I think version 7 is a fantastic update feature wise and Cubase is just getting better and better. I have no problems at all paying for the updates. Maybe you should consider booting Win 7 on your MAC, it's worth a try me thinks.

Hi ufoqbase,

Regards

Exactly!

If you don't like it, don't buy it. So simple :?

I personally think this update is a great workflow enhancer. The Track Versions, ability to hide tracks in the Arrange View (with presets) AND option to sync with the Console View, multi-out Instrument Tracks, Re-record Mode and Groove Agent SE 4 are all features that will get heavily used here. Just need VCA groups, unlimited grouping options with custom naming, Bounce in Place ala Studio One 2, comprehensive batch export options, session import and track colors to completely eliminate my lust for other DAWs. Cubase 8 perhaps ;)
Last edited by jose7822 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'ed to 4GHz) | 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (2400MHz) | ASUS ATI Radeon HD7790 | Corsair H100i Water Cooler | Corsair HX850 PSU | Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64 bit | Cubase 7.5 64 bit | RME FireFace UCX | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
jose7822

Postby Bacizone » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:22 pm

I rarely praise SB, but this upgrade seems very very promising. Consolidating VST rack and VST instrument tracks alone is a huge time-saver in the workflow, not mentioning the tracks - mixconsole sync.

The only thing I am afraid a bit is how many new bugs shall we get due to the new features... as beta testing was not their strength up to this time.
Bacizone

Postby jonsolo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:45 pm

I am in...awesome looking feature upgrades. Have not suffered like some of you have with bugs. I get a rare crash but usually can trace it back to something unrelated (such as the recent not rebooting my system for three weeks, and doing thousands of chores on it, ha).

Hopefully this will address your issues or at least the next 7.0 release will.

But I am way in!
http://www.solosounds.net
http://www.soundcloud.com/the-jon-solo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 8.1 Pro | Intel i7 4770 | 24 GB RAM | Scarlett 6i6 | Dual 27" monitors
Nektar Panorama P6 | Korg Kronos 88 | Blue Baby Bottle | Launchpad S | JBL LSR308
Cubase 7.5 | Reason 8 | Ableton Live 9 | FL Studio 11
jonsolo

Postby S4410 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Not a bad upgrade.And the price is fair.
I 'll see if it's bug free to step in
Windows 7 Home 64bit | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 16GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase 7.5 | Wavelab 8.5 | HSO 16bit | NI Komplete 9 | VSL Special Edition | Ableton Live 8 Intro(rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

Macbook 2.4 | Mac OS X 10.7.5 | Cubase Elements 6
S4410

Postby tigersoul » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Should the system demands be interpreted as 10.7 (lion) is no longer supported on Mac? I know Maverick is free but I don't want it. Any knowledge on this?

Apart from that I think the update holds a lot of promise and addresses several things on my wishlist but seriously... When will the features we all scream for be implanted? Bounce in place.. Hello?? What's so incredibly hard about putting it in?
tigersoul

Postby Makumbaria » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Bacizone wrote:I rarely praise SB, but this upgrade seems very very promising. Consolidating VST rack and VST instrument tracks alone is a huge time-saver in the workflow, not mentioning the tracks - mixconsole sync.

The only thing I am afraid a bit is how many new bugs shall we get due to the new features... as beta testing was not their strength up to this time.

I agree! Let's wait to see how stable will be. But it looks a good upgrade until now.
Cubase 7.5.30 / 6.5.5 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC / Halion Sonic 1.6.3 / Padshop Pro 1.1.0 / HSO 1.0.1 / The Grand SE 3.1
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / M-audio Fast Track Pro

Ivory II Italian Grand / Addictive drums & Keys / GPO / Alicia Keys Piano / Abbey Road Modern Drums / Ezdrummer / Sampletank / Miroslav Philharmonik CE / VSL / POD Farm / Amplitube / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 / PSP Audioware / Nugen Audio Visualizer / Voxengo Redunoise / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 / Softube / Toneboosters EBULoudness
Makumbaria

Postby 0liver » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Looking forward to the update, but any word on if the graphics have been updated for higher resolution monitors; like for example retina displays?
0liver

Postby mozizo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Looks like a good update,hope for wrap tool in project,better bounce in place, better MC GUI and movable ch in MC and some more .. but i think most importantly is the windows handling,,! resizing and moving windows all the time is a pain !
C8 maybe !
i was just thinking about to ask for a better algorithmic reverb for stuck cubase reverbs but its here now :) im sure this new one is better than roomworks reverb. cool 8-)
cubase 7.5.30 64bit ,halion 5
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win7 64bit 8gb
(PC Desktop AMD dual core win xp32 cubase 7-32)
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6 Kawai Mp4 Korg PA800.
cubasis,cubase ic pro
mozizo

Postby milwel traamen » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:00 pm

The grace period is from 15 october to 3 december. I upgraded on 8 of october. YAY! I'm not elligble for a free update. Lol.
Intel® Pentium® II, windows 7.2, 123.2GB SSD, 500kbram, Cubase 7.5
milwel traamen

Postby mozizo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:05 pm

milwel traamen wrote:The grace period is from 15 october to 3 december. I upgraded on 8 of october. YAY! I'm not elligble for a free update. Lol.

:roll:
i have 2 licences for C7, one is not graceable ?? ;) with the other i was on the edge... 16 october 8-)
cubase 7.5.30 64bit ,halion 5
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win7 64bit 8gb
(PC Desktop AMD dual core win xp32 cubase 7-32)
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6 Kawai Mp4 Korg PA800.
cubasis,cubase ic pro
mozizo

Postby milwel traamen » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:08 pm

mozizo wrote:
milwel traamen wrote:The grace period is from 15 october to 3 december. I upgraded on 8 of october. YAY! I'm not elligble for a free update. Lol.

:roll:
i have 2 licences one is not graceable ?? ;) with the other i was on the edge... 16 october 8-)

Only have one license. Sad that the grace period is only a month and a half. Anyway seems to be a good upgrade. If it is not to expensive I will buy it.
Intel® Pentium® II, windows 7.2, 123.2GB SSD, 500kbram, Cubase 7.5
milwel traamen

PreviousNext

Return to Presales