With a $199 fee, who's up for C7.5 from 6.5?

Just saw this and read about the improvements. Seems maybe justified if C7.5 delivers what it says it will deliver.

However, I think $149 is a more correct price for the upgrade from C6.5. When you consider that C7 failed from the gate and only recently turned (somewhat?) around - if I can believe the reports - with C7.0.6.

Well, what do I know about marketing and rewarding customer loyalty. :sunglasses:

I had C4 and waited until C7 was coming before upgrading to C6.5 for $199 and got C7 grace period update. :wink:

The correct price is the one that results in the desired number of sales. Which may be $149, as you say, but we won’t know until it is available for purchase.

Jaslan - ?

According to the Steinberg ‘Buy It Now’ upgrade page, it will be available on December 4 and the price is $199, upgrading from C6.5.5 to C7.5. Which is why I said what I said. I think $149 is the right price considering the issues that arrived and remained with most of C7’s life cycle.

Which is why I said what I said. If they want $500 for the upgrade, and it produces the sales they want, then $500 is the correct price. If they have to lower the price to $5 to produce the sales they want, then $5 is the correct price.

Anyway, to answer your subject named question, I think I will still be sticking with C6.5. Of course, I will give the trial a go but I don’t see it persuading me to give up my money.

J.L.

Hm, OK, I understand. However, even if the world was coming to an end, I do not believe Steinberg would offer C7.5 for $5. :stuck_out_tongue:

I, too, am rather stuck on C6.5.5 at present.

If it’s like the 6, 6.5 - 7 upgrade (which it sounds like it is), 6- 7.5 will be $249 and 6.5 - 7.5 will be $199.

At some point it should drop - when I went from 5LE to 6.5 it was $149…and then 7 came out like months later. Good timing I guess.

For now I’ll stick with 6.5.3. For $149 I could maybe be talked into moving on up but I think it’s best to wait and see how the upgrade goes for others.

If you fancy to use 7.5 why not just buy Cubase 7 UD1 or UD2 now you still can.
In my country I can buy the UD1 for €115,- and UD2 for €179 and that’s even with 21% tax included :wink:

Exactly, get the old upgrade from a third party vendor and get the 7.5 update for free because of the grace period :slight_smile:

I’ll be sticking with 6.5.5. At least for now.

Price is too high to be a justifiable expense for me at this time.

P

i dont care about the price as much tbh, i do however care about the fixes, once i see them i would decide.

I’m out of luck, the artist 6.5 to artist 7 update is nowhere to be found outside of the steinberg shop, which already has its prices adjusted to account for 7.5 it seems.

Oddly, the price shown to me is £162 which is roughly equal to 265$ or 195e. Not the same as OP.

P

OK, it’s here. It’s the typical knee jerk reaction, will let the dust settle and see what is really working and what is not. Gads, it’s like a fever on the C7 forum right now, ha! :laughing:

Anyway, I assume the trial download will show up in a week or so and then I’ll give it a go. Good for Steinberg, I hope you have a winner. :sunglasses:

:wink: