Why is horizontal scrolling inverted and how to change it?

Hi there,

I am on OSX 10.6.8, using the Mighty Mouse, Cubase 7.0.6 (upgraded last month) and I have a problem with the scrolling direction (inverted). I checked the system and Cubase preferences and there doesn’t seem to be an option to change it!

Please let me know if anyone has found the solution to this one!

Does your mouse have a software configuration utility that allows for such things?

Yes, this is a bug that was confirmed some time ago. Didn’t SB claim that it was fixed in a recent update, tho?

There’s a setting to change in OSX, IIRC. There’s a thread around here somewhere with the fix.

Yes, i saw this thread and I did look in the system preferences , but no option to change it there… and I have Cubase 7.0.6 which is the latest update. Sooooo annoying!!!
They are releasing 7.5 soon - does this mean that there will be no more updates to this version?
Please help, whoever knows anything! Thanks!

Please, PLEASE, does anyone have news on this one? I also now have the Cubase 7.5 upgrade and I was hoping this would be solved but… NO! And even though I am trying (and starting) to get used to it, I would really like to have a choice over this and be able to change it back to the normal scrolling.
Why the H*** is Steinberg deciding for us? And as roman.pavlov is saying in this post Steinberg Forums,

is it really such a big problem to add a checkbox in the preferences???.. :question: :neutral_face:

Might it have something to do with the fact that Snow Leopard is an unsupported OS?

Please, PLEASE, does anyone have news on this one?

You can use Alessandro Montalcini’s USB Overdrive to solve the problem. That’s what I use for running C7.5 on 10.6.8.
The beauty of this utilty is that you can set it up on an app by app basis. This means that the mouse behaves normally until Cubase is launched…then USBOD automatically detects what app is presently active and applies custom settings dynamically as you switch from app to app. In the case of Cubase, I have it set to reverse the direction of the scroll z axis. Works a charm. I also use it to reassign custom key commands to the middle,right and “4th” buttons for other applications. Well worth the $20.

Thank you very much Weasel! I will try it out and let you know how it works!
Stealth - it’s really annoying when they force you to change OS just because they make something incompatible!..

I hear ya… AFAIK the newest versions of most other DAWs don’t support Snow Leopard either though, including Apple’s own Logic X!