Cubase 7.5 Grace Period old customers

Interested in Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

Cubase 7.5 Grace Period old customers

Postby dell61 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Grace Period update
Activated Cubase (Artist) 7 on October 15, 2013, or later?
What about customers who have purchased the full Cubase 7 in January 2013 as before.
Did we do not have the opportunity to try out 7.5 update before we buy it.
Whether such a privilege only have new customers.
Cubase 7
dell61

Re: Cubase 7.5 Grace Period old customers

Postby TheNavigator » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:02 pm

The "zomg grace period why not me?!" dance has begun...

May I explain, dear OP:

Steinberg has to collect SOME money from the upgrading users as well. And, frankly, this IS fair. It's a fair price for what is in the update and I'm looking forward to contributing to further developments.

So, no. An extension of the grace period is not necessary, if you ask me.
Chris, The Navigator... Keyboards, songwriting, CTO and aspiring coproducer for Visions of Atlantis.

PC watercooling and overclocking afficionado.

Main device: Cubase 7.5 64 bit on Windows 8.1 (4930k @ 4.1 GHz, 32 GB of RAM, 3 SSDs), Halion 5, Padshop Pro, RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface, Avid Artist Control V2, Roland A88, AKG K701 headphones, lots of other nice stuff
Mobile cutlery: iPad Air 2, Cubasis (always the latest version), Audio Bus 2, Focusrite iTrack Dock, one or the other cheap USB MIDI keyboards

Favorite synthesizers: u-he DIVA, Padshop Pro, Halion 5

"Storms can't kill the faith in rainbows"
TheNavigator

Postby dell61 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:16 pm

TheNavigator wrote:The "zomg grace period why not me?!" dance has begun...

May I explain, dear OP:

Steinberg has to collect SOME money from the upgrading users as well. And, frankly, this IS fair. It's a fair price for what is in the update and I'm looking forward to contributing to further developments.

So, no. An extension of the grace period is not necessary, if you ask me.

I'll buy it as I bought the full version. It's not a lot of money.I wonder about the stability of.Do not re waiting a year to get a stable version.

Cubase 7.06x64,AMD FX 8350 4.2 Ghz,16MB RAM,Win 8.1
Cubase 7
dell61

Postby Buchanan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Delay buying it if you have doubts as 7.06 works fine. Or buy it and use the two versions together while you explore the 7.5 and find it's bugs.
Everyone wants perfect software. But nobody's perfect.
Buchanan

Postby dell61 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Buchanan wrote:Delay buying it if you have doubts as 7.06 works fine. Or buy it and use the two versions together while you explore the 7.5 and find it's bugs.

I suppose it's Cubase 7.5 stable work of Cubase 7.06 because Steinberg has certainly taken the experience and mistakes of earlier versions.The policy is that the old customers who are among the first to purchase Cubase 7 among the first to buy and Cubase 7.5...A work in two separate programs is a waste of time...
Last edited by dell61 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 7
dell61

Postby Buchanan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Or maybe Cubase 10.5 will save the world as we know it. But we'll have a damned good moan about it. We need a new thread moaning about Cubase 10 then? Keep it going for a couple of years. Saves us doing studio maintenance hey?
Buchanan

Postby Svenne » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:19 pm

dell61 wrote:Grace Period update
Activated Cubase (Artist) 7 on October 15, 2013, or later?
What about customers who have purchased the full Cubase 7 in January 2013 as before.
Did we do not have the opportunity to try out 7.5 update before we buy it.
Whether such a privilege only have new customers.

It's common knowledge that Steinberg's grace periods has always been a joke, compared to most other vendors. This complaint comes up at every upgrade! If Steinberg hasn't changed by now, they never will.

Steinberg has never had an 11 month Grace Period. I've never seen anyone that has. The longest I can recall seeing was 6 months.

So, the choice is simple. If you consider €49 a reasonable cost; upgrade. If you don't; don't upgrade.

As far as trying out Cubase 7.5. I believe a demo will be released after December 4th.
Cubase 7.5.20 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 Mavericks, Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced)
Svenne

Postby jaslan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Svenne wrote:It's common knowledge that Steinberg's grace periods has always been a joke, compared to most other vendors.

I will admit, I don't own much other music software (pretty much all in my signature) but I don't think I have seen ANY other grace periods at all. I am curious what some other vendors are giving... Could you elaborate please? Just for my own information (and others, if interested).
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.5. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby Buchanan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:21 pm

jaslan wrote:
Svenne wrote:It's common knowledge that Steinberg's grace periods has always been a joke, compared to most other vendors.

I will admit, I don't own much other music software (pretty much all in my signature) but I don't think I have seen ANY other grace periods at all. I am curious what some other vendors are giving... Could you elaborate please? Just for my own information (and others, if interested).

You'll be waiting a LOOOOONG time for that answer. What is it with these people that have to plant lies all over the place ? Must be some sort of feel good factor for the very sad. :lol:
Common knowledge? Nobody's grace periods are common knowledge. Well, maybe among some really sad people.
Buchanan

Postby Svenne » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Yes and no. Grace periods are only posted when an update is just released, and I don't know of any other vendor that is releasing an update at this very moment. But keep an eye open on the manufactures websites when major upgrades are released. I think you'll find that most offer between 2 and 4 months. Steinberg only offers 7 weeks (or less)!

Buchanan. Keep your insults to yourself. The only one who is a sad character here is you. The manufactures grace periods are common knowledge. They are available to everyoneto wiew on the manufactures websites! Check the facts before you let the stench out your food trap!
Cubase 7.5.20 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 Mavericks, Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced)
Svenne

Postby Buchanan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

What manufacturers grace periods are "common knowledge" ? A grace period of a month or so for $49? You're complaining!? About peanuts to a panhandler? Let's see, so let's be generous to our small change strapped professional studio, say the average upgrade cost is $100 over two years. That'll be 50c per week. OK a dollar per week at $200 per. Gosh, life must be awful tough. :lol:
And did I really offend you so much with my creative wit and repartee? :lol: Sheesh, didn't think I was that good.
Buchanan

Postby Svenne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:15 pm

Buchanan wrote:And did I really offend you so much with my creative wit and repartee?

Yes you did! Accusing someone of spreading lies (without a shred of proof) and then calling them "sad" has got nothing, what so ever, do with witticism or repartee. It pure and unadulterated insulting!!! Behavior like that will lead to expulsion on several boards.

So, keep your insults to yourself

End of discussion!
Svenne

Postby HowlingUlf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Game over
Please insert coin
Gothenburg, Sweden
Cubase 7.5 32 | Intel i7 860 | 8GB | Win7 64 | Emu 1820M | BCR2000 | MPD16 via MIDI
and a few cables ... and some more stuff ... and even more than that, would you believe it ?!!?
HowlingUlf

Postby johnstaf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:09 pm

The people who are entitled to the grace period are those who upgraded to C7 after the price went up. They've already paid the extra for 7.5.
Last edited by johnstaf on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 7.5
Finale 2012
Samsung series 7 Ultrabook/Windows 8.1
Kawai MP-10 Digital Piano

EWQL Hollywood, Choral and Symphonic libraries.
VSL Vienna Imperial, Soprano Choir, Dimension Strings.
Virharmonic Soloists of Prague
johnstaf

Postby Ed Doll » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:48 pm

There will be a trial for Cubase 7.5 as well next year, so you can check whether the update is worth the money.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Ed Doll
Site Admin

Postby Svenne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Ed Doll wrote:There will be a trial for Cubase 7.5 as well next year, so you can check whether the update is worth the money.

Next Year? That was a little bit of bad news. I had hoped for This Week.
Svenne

Postby Buchanan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Svenne wrote:
Ed Doll wrote:There will be a trial for Cubase 7.5 as well next year, so you can check whether the update is worth the money.

They have to work out how the users are abusing the software first before working out before working out what bugs they missed and what bugs have been created by "creative" usage of certain features. Not all the creative usage is all bad, mind you. Can lead to new developments.
Buchanan

Postby Svenne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Buchanan wrote:
Svenne wrote:

They have to work out how the users are abusing the software first before working out before working out what bugs they missed and what bugs have been created by "creative" usage of certain features. Not all the creative usage is all bad, mind you. Can lead to new developments.

Why? Isn't the demo and the sharp version identical? Isn't it the authorization code that determine if it's a demo or a permanent license? At least that was what I was told when I bought Cubase 7. Confirmed by the fact that I was able to apply the update patches on the demo without any problems what so ever. So, there should be nothing that prevents demo and permanent authorization codes to be released simultaneously, should there?
Svenne

Postby jaslan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:09 am

My opinion only, but I believe it is salesmanship. There are those who will buy it instantly, those who will wait until a trial is available to test it out, and those who WOULD test the trial first IF there was one but if there is not one, they will just buy it anyway not being able to stand the suspense.
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.5. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby Ed Doll » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:21 am

No, it's simply a different production run and includes e.g. a different Start Center.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Ed Doll
Site Admin

Postby Buchanan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Svenne wrote:

Why? Isn't the demo and the sharp version identical? Isn't it the authorization code that determine if it's a demo or a permanent license? At least that was what I was told when I bought Cubase 7. Confirmed by the fact that I was able to apply the update patches on the demo without any problems what so ever. So, there should be nothing that prevents demo and permanent authorization codes to be released simultaneously, should there?[/quote]

Erm.... yeeeees. If you say so. You want bug fixes? Or just something for nothing?
Buchanan

Postby Buchanan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Svenne wrote:
Buchanan wrote:And did I really offend you so much with my creative wit and repartee?

Yes you did! Accusing someone of spreading lies (without a shred of proof) and then calling them "sad" has got nothing, what so ever, do with witticism or repartee. It pure and unadulterated insulting!!! Behavior like that will lead to expulsion on several boards.

So, keep your insults to yourself

End of discussion!

I didn't call YOU sad I said I thought IT (the situation) was sad. VAST difference. Confrontational "misinterpretations" to cause an unnecessary fight can also lead to expulsion. Spreading accusations (without a shred of proof) can also lead to one being thought of as a troll. As can false accusations.
Calm down lad it's no big deal.
Buchanan

Postby Svenne » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Buchanan wrote:I didn't call YOU sad I said

Oh, yes you did. In response to my posting, you wrote.

Buchanan wrote:What is it with these people that have to plant lies all over the place ? Must be some sort of feel good factor for the very sad.

That means that you imply that I am "planting lies all over the place". You also imply that I am "one of the very sad". That ain't being funny. That is being abusive and insulting to other members. Where in your posting does the words "the situation" appear?

If you must post abusive posting like this, don't post them as responses to other members postings!

Enough said.
Svenne

Postby Buchanan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:28 pm

PEOPLE I said, not YOU and it's only personal if I name YOU. What you posted (about Cubase grace period being "common knowledge") WASN'T true. Might be in your school but not out here in the real world.
If one has an issue I find it's best not to make things up. Because you didn't have to to make your point.
END OF son. Get over it.
Buchanan

Return to Presales