Just Another Word (revised version)

Woke up this morning tired of getting holiday sales emails and wrote my own 3/4 holiday escape. might actually turn into something later but just thought I would share it since I haven’t been here in a while and have been so busy recording other peoples stuff

it’s a little out or very left of center lol
Kenny

Moody and evocative…your pieces usually are, this made me feel sad, a good sign when music moves you…bass sounds great!!
Kevin

I really enjoyed this one too. That sax sounds brilliant!

Thanks Kevin, makes me feel sad also, and also makes me want to sip a good Scotch Whiskey :slight_smile: The bass is Vienna Instruments (single instrument upright bass). Not nearly as versatile as Trillian but for certain things, where a very real sound is needed, it is perfect.
I just uploaded a hopefully finished arrangement of it, added the ending last night at 2am lol I am sure certain things are to loud/soft in spots but I have done no automation at all so it’s as played so far…
Kenny

Thanks Bane that is Vienna Instruments SAX, I was listening to a Kenny Wheeler (trumpet) Where he was playing two parts in a counter melody with no other instruments which is what inspired me to try this.
Kenny

Cool story, lost what I was typing because of a steinberg error.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 111
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/common.php
LINE: 113
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_connect()

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 17
CALL: include(‘[ROOT]/common.php’)

In brief I was saying that you capture emotion very well in your compositions. The timings tripping into each other give it a cool, relaxing yet somber kind of ‘wind-swaying’ mood. Imagining leaves blowing off the trees with a dark sky, which is what it’s like here atm. Quite fitting music to stare out of the window to. ;D Enjoyed listening as per usual. Hope you’re well Kenny, regards J.

Yeah…just Yeahhh…Kevin

I like it. Must have been a sad shopping trip! Thanks for sharing it.

Very nice, Kenny!

The sax is well done, but they’re ain’t nothing like the real thing… :sunglasses:

Cheers,
Wim

Agree.

“The sax is well done, but they’re ain’t nothing like the real thing”

Are you busy right now? :wink:

Agree of of coarse Wim!!! You know I prefer the real deal but no one is ever in the living room to play at 2am :cry:
I am really unsure if the tune is worth the redo or not??? And it wasn’t Kevin it is Kenny lol
Kenny

I like it. Must have been a sad shopping trip! Thanks for sharing it.

It was sad no shopping day lol…

Yeah…just Yeahhh…Kevin

Thanks Kevin!!!

In brief I was saying that you capture emotion very well in your compositions. The timings tripping into each other give it a cool, relaxing yet somber kind of ‘wind-swaying’ mood. Imagining leaves blowing off the trees with a dark sky, which is what it’s like here atm. Quite fitting music to stare out of the window to. ;D Enjoyed listening as per usual. Hope you’re well Kenny, regards J.

Thanks my friend! Tripping Timings is a great description and I enjoyed your visual immensely…I am stealing your line if that is okay for a title on possibly a 7/4 or 5/4 tune
Kenny

Kevin?!? Who said Kevin?!?.. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you decide to work on it some more just let me know.

Cheers,
Wim

Great idea.

Great job, nice melancholy feel, all the elements work well together.

Hah, well I read the tripping timings comment on your SoundCloud by Nancy Zarider and thought it was an apt enough description to repeat. Good stuff.