If it was your money?

Yes of course a bedroom is built for the purpose of being a bedroom. My point was that most nonprofessional musicians, engineers, producers etc. do not or cannot afford the luxury of having a room specifically designed and treated for acoustics, therefore have to make do with what they have.

A high ceiling as I mentioned is usually good, and if you have a carpeted floor, then a reflective i.e. untreated ceiling may be ok - at least for a recording point of view - a mixing area may still want clouds. Typically a (recording) studio will have a treated ceiling and a reflective floor simply because the distance between your ears and the floor is a reference constant for your brain, whereas ceilings can vary in height. Check out some of the resources I mentioned if you want to get deeper into this.
Only by acoustically testing the room can you be sure of it’s qualities.
Try this simple experiment. Generate (Cubase signal generator is ok) a single sine frequency (say something between 150Hz - 500 Hz) and send it preferably to a single loudspeaker in the room. Now walk around the room slowly and you will notice there are certain places where the tone sounds louder, and others where it sounds very faint (maybe even seeming to disappear altogether). These are nodes and antinodes resulting from standing waves. Obviously you don’t want these to occur at the place where you choose to listen otherwise you won’t be hearing it correctly and will tend to falsely EQ or otherwise compensate. To flatten the frequency response for at least a given position in the room is the goal of acoustic room design and the reason we apply different treatments. Absorbers help in that - they “absorb” sound energy, Too much however and the room will sound too dead. They also help cut down on relections, so need to be placed strategically.

You say:

Unfortunately a microphone is not possessed of this “skill”. It will be your job to ensure that the recordings, when played back in entirely different environments convey the necessary acoustic (psychoacoustic) information - something called translation. This will be exceedingly difficult if you overcompensate for deficiencies in the recording environment.

This subject is vast, and we’re only touching it lightly here. Again, the resources referred to previously should make this much clearer.