So 7.5 is here (almost)

Interested in Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Postby sonicstate » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:35 pm

I really like the way in which Cubase is moving. I like that it has professional mixing features of say ProTools, but then it has playable features of say Ableton or FruityLoops. You can seriously mix in it, like in Protools, if you want. And you can play it like instrument, play with it like with Ableton, if you want. Isn't this great?
Mixing was already very solid in Cubase from before versions, and now with new mix console it offers as much as any DAW can offer. But now we get more and more creation tools, which I really like. Isn't this great? Cubase is becoming more end more as a very capable instrument. But not like Ableton, where there is soon too many tracks to handle and it gets messy. It has far better multitack than Ableton, and it has far better creation/manipulation tools than Protools. It has come far from just recording audio/midi tracks, it offers more and more creative tools.
Now that the mixer redesign is behind us, version 7.5 is really exciting, new good creative exciting stuff in it. Even now I use Ableton less and less, because Cubase has some tools to interact with audio. Version 7.5 is a step even further. If they keep working on the playable instrument side of Cubase, to play clips via midi, switch things realtime, play with different versions via midi switching and so on, it will cover entire creative production. I'm surely looking for that to happen.
Cubase 7.5, Win 7 64bit, i7-4770K @4.3GHz, ASUS Z87-K, 16Gb, 2x RME HDSP 9652, BCF 2000, BCR 2000, Novation Launchpad Mini, M-Audio TriggerFinger, Korg NanoKey, plenty outboard synths and fx, 24ch Studiomaster mixer, Yamaha NS10s, Dynaudio BM5, Samson Rubicon R8a Ribbon, etc...
sonicstate

Postby peachy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Well lots of talk so here's my feelings on the matter, £40 to keep the guys developing my favourite bit of software, not a problem. Do I have to buy it NO.. but I'm going to, mainly because of the new Groove Agent.
After whinging about sampler drag and drop I finally bought Halion 5 and I must say my life with Cubase & Halion has been a very productive and unstressful time since, sure there were problems at the start but I kept using my 6.5 licence until I was sufficiently happy with 7, this approach let me get my skills up to date so I didn’t look like a dork in front of clients saying things like "its new and they have moved the button".
All I can say come on Wed. I have my cash ready, new toys to play with even though I probably won’t use it in anger until a couple of months off.
As for Ableton style automation that would be nice but at least Cubase sounds a whole lot better than Abe. Finally these are my personal views and I'm not going to get involved in any flame war, so thanks SB keep up the good work.
:D
Cubase 7.5 64 bit on Intel i7 2600K, Intel P67, 16 gig corsair RAM, Nvidia 670 dual monitor, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Steinberg UR824, HALion 5, Midiex 8.
peachy

Postby johnstaf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Now that we are back to discussing Cubase...

If Steinberg is to be the industry leader in computer music software, it has to cater for everyone. I have never used any of the synths that come with Cubase, except one time I used Loopmash in Bach's Art of Fugue ;) Still, Cubase is the only DAW that has the features I need. I'm sure many people who use Cubase in very different ways can also say the same thing.
Last edited by johnstaf on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 7.5
Finale 2012
Samsung series 7 Ultrabook/Windows 8.1
Kawai MP-10 Digital Piano

EWQL Hollywood, Choral and Symphonic libraries.
VSL Vienna Imperial, Soprano Choir, Dimension Strings.
Virharmonic Soloists of Prague
johnstaf

Postby peachy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 pm

"Loopmash in Bach's Art of Fugue" Really! Would love to hear that....
Cubase 7.5 64 bit on Intel i7 2600K, Intel P67, 16 gig corsair RAM, Nvidia 670 dual monitor, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Steinberg UR824, HALion 5, Midiex 8.
peachy

Postby Steve Helstrip » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Just watched the Gear4Music demo, and there looks to be many great improvements. I will buy this update because I'm a sucker for the latest version/new toys. But I'll add that I would additionally pay the same again for a more stable version of what we currently have. Here's hoping they fixed a few things on the list...
Mac Pro i7, 12Gb, OSX10.9 MacBook Pro i7, 4Gb, OSX10.9
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial
Steve Helstrip

Postby Marsman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:28 pm

I have to say again, this is an absolute killer update and well worth the money. 49 bucks? Ha, I´ve spent more money on half broken buggy PC games.

If they actually revamp the window management with version 8 I´ll probably won´t need another version update until 10. :D

Well in my case I need to wait for the Nuendo update though but I´m seriously considering getting an additional Cubase license now
Nuendo 5.5.6 x64 + NEK, Windows 7 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation
Marsman

Postby cmaffia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:But I'll add that I would additionally pay the same again for a more stable version of what we currently have. Here's hoping they fixed a few things on the list...

Seriously dude.. you need to change your sentance to:

"I would additionally pay the same again for a more stable version of what I currently have. Here's hoping they fixed a few things on the list..."

The majority of us HAVE a stable Cubase 7.0.6 environment. YOU don't appparently. Stop speaking for the majority of us please.

I've yet to have Cubase 7 crash inexplicably or have I lost any work.. I can say the same for Cubase 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5. and I am confident that I'm not the only one with this pleasant experience. Either you have a different definition of the word "stable" or you have a specific issue with your hardware/software that makes Cubase unstable for you.
Last edited by cmaffia on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tascam DM3200 - IF-FW/DMMKII - IF-AN/DM - Tascam DA-3000 Mastering Recorder - Cubase 7.5.20 32/64-Bit - i7-3770, 3.4GHz Quad Core - 8GB RAM - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - UAD-2 Solo - UAD-2 Duo - Steinberg CC121 - Frontier Tranzport - Wavelab 8.03 32/64-Bit

Hear the collection: Maffia & Montano
cmaffia

Postby Steve Helstrip » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 pm

cmaffia wrote:
Steve Helstrip wrote:But I'll add that I would additionally pay the same again for a more stable version of what we currently have. Here's hoping they fixed a few things on the list...

"I would additionally pay the same again for a more stable version of what I currently have. Here's hoping they fixed a few things on the list..."

The majority of us HAVE a stable Cubase 7.0.6 environment. YOU don't appparently. Stop speaking for the majority of us please.

I've yet to have Cubase 7 crash inexplicably or have I lost any work.. I can say the same for Cubase 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5. and I am confident that I'm not the only one with this pleasant experience. Either you have a different definition of the word "stable" or you have a specific issue with your hardware/software that makes Cubase unstable for you.

I'm happy that all is working well for you. But I'm speaking for the 'we' who ARE having problems. Reading through the forums I'm not the only one.
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Steve Helstrip

Postby cmaffia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
cmaffia wrote:

I'm happy that all is working well for you. But I'm speaking for the 'we' who ARE having problems. Reading through the forums I'm not the only one.

But globally I believe your "we" are in the minority. Hope you sort it out. Maybe go Windows route.
Tascam DM3200 - IF-FW/DMMKII - IF-AN/DM - Tascam DA-3000 Mastering Recorder - Cubase 7.5.20 32/64-Bit - i7-3770, 3.4GHz Quad Core - 8GB RAM - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - UAD-2 Solo - UAD-2 Duo - Steinberg CC121 - Frontier Tranzport - Wavelab 8.03 32/64-Bit

cmaffia

Postby Svenne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 pm

cmaffia is absolutely correct. At risk of repeating myself, I suggest that you try this procedure to track down the cause of your problems.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=50955&start=175#p311216

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you found that it was some third-party plug-in, a driver, or something else that is the culprit.

General complaining helps noone. Doing a little work to try to track down the cause helps all. Including Steinberg to fix any problems that actually are caused by Cubase.

This is true if you will be experiencing problems with 7.5 aswell.
Cubase 7.5.20 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 Mavericks, Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced)
Svenne

Postby Steve Helstrip » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Oh, you changed your post while I was replying! Well, I can run 6.5 for an entire 2-3 week project without a single crash running the exact same plug-ins. Therefore, I don't believe there is anything at fault with my hardware. I'm pinning my hopes on 7.5.
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Steve Helstrip

Postby cmaffia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:Oh, you changed your post while I was replying! Well, I can run 6.5 for an entire 2-3 week project without a single crash running the exact same plug-ins. Therefore, I don't believe there is anything at fault with my hardware. I'm pinning my hopes on 7.5.

Right.. even more the reason to listen to Svenne's post.....When you've done EXACTLY what he suggested (and that would be mine too) then get back to us.

cmaffia

Postby Steve Helstrip » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Svenne wrote:

cmaffia is absolutely correct. At risk of repeating myself, I suggest that you try this procedure to track down the cause of your problems.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you found that it was some third-party plug-in, a driver, or something else that is the culprit.

General complaining helps noone. Doing a little work to try to track down the cause helps all. Including Steinberg to fix any problems that actually are caused by Cubase.

I appreciate your reply Svenne, thanks, but I would need 2 or 3 days to test my system in this way with all the plug-ins I use. At the risk of repeating myself, all my plug-ins work seamlessly with 6.5 so I doubt the problem lies here. Unless Steinberg changed something that they have not told us about???
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Steve Helstrip

Postby cmaffia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Svenne wrote:

I appreciate your reply Svenne, thanks, but I would need 2 or 3 days to test my system in this way with all the plug-ins I use. At the risk of repeating myself, all my plug-ins work seamlessly with 6.5 so I doubt the problem lies here. Unless Steinberg changed something that they have not told us about???

His suggestion is spot on.. and the more I read the more I think it is extremely possible that your problem stems from a 3rd party issue WITH Cubase 7 and NOT Cubase's fault..

So you're OK with complaing for nearly 365 days but not OK with troubleshooting for 3 days?
With that mentality your complaint privileges should be revoked.

...I rest my case.
Last edited by cmaffia on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmaffia

Postby Svenne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:50 pm

I feel we are at risk of going OT here. Therefore, I have started a new topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51142

Please, let's continue this discussion there, and let this one be for 7.5 specific questions and issues.
Cubase 7.5.20 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 Mavericks, Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced)
Svenne

Postby Steve Helstrip » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:55 pm

cmaffia wrote:
His suggestion is spot on.. and the more I read the more I think it is extremely possible that your problem stems from a 3rd party issue WITH Cubase 7 and NOT Cubase's fault..

So you're OK with complaing for nearly 365 days but not OK with troubleshooting for 3 days?
With that mentality your complaint privileges should be revoked.

...I rest my case.

Why the confrontational attitude? I can make Cubase 7 crash without any 3rd party plug-ins running. And I have hardly spent 365 days complaining. That's just a ridiculous thing to say.
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Steve Helstrip

Postby johnstaf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:I can make Cubase 7 crash without any 3rd party plug-ins running.

Apparently that makes you a "hater". :shock:
Cubase 7.5
Finale 2012

johnstaf

Postby Svenne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:00 pm

What is by "Please, let's continue this discussion there, and let this one be for 7.5 specific questions and issues." that you don't understand, Steve & johnstaf? Are you deliberately trying to get this topic closed again. Marcus has warned you once!
Last edited by Svenne on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Svenne

Postby johnstaf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Svenne wrote:What is by "Please, let's continue this discussion there, and let this one be for 7.5 specific questions and issues." that you don't understand, Steve & johnstaf? Are you deliberately trying to get this topic closed again. Marcus has warned you once!

The stability of Cubase is an important issue that Steve was trying to address. Please don't try to appoint yourself as a moderator.
Cubase 7.5
Finale 2012

johnstaf

Postby Buchanan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:35 pm

If Steve Helstrip has a specific problem with Cubase 7 but not with Cubase 6 then his system does really need looking at (and a detailed list of components sent to the support desk or PMed to whichever moderator can help best) to see what conflict Cubase might be hitting as the forum support really cannot have a clue what is up until they see what that system is running. It might be one (probably) component. If they can nail a fix between themselves then that would certainly help any other users with a similar mystery problem.
Sorry, Steve but it really is down to looking at the system especially if the large majority are all running reliably. Just unlucky mate.
Everyone wants perfect software. But nobody's perfect.
Buchanan

Postby Svenne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:59 pm

johnstaf wrote:The stability of Cubase is an important issue that Steve was trying to address. Please don't try to appoint yourself as a moderator.

My reply can be found where it belongs! Here:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51142&p=311968#p311968
Svenne

Postby DaveAbbott » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi All

Really looking forward to this update, but strangely one of the smaller things they've added is one of the biggest for me which is the one click/KB shortcut, re-record feature. I had this on Logic Audio(Win 5.5.1 version:-) all those years ago before it went Apple shaped and it's really good to have that back again(for me that is),the number of time a (particularly vocal)take is just,,,,lousy after a cuppla bars and needs a redo is, well, happens all the time and this feature is a great time saver. The new Groove Agent looks really good too, been using NI's various kits up to now but it looks like GA will be a viable alternative now with the improved control features. We'll see how the new VST instrument tracks perform, looking forward to trying that out, hopefully will improve the workflow! Roll on Wednesday,,,and if it is 49$ it's a very fair price I think

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
Entertainer | Musician | Producer
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, 12Gig RAM System Drive115 Gig SSD + 4 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Win7 64Bit Cubase 7
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite Octopre, Steinberg CI1 on spare machine
M-Audio Keystation Pro88 Controller
DaveAbbott

Postby johnstaf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Rerecord is really big for me as well. It's one of the features I wanted most -but never thought of -if you know what I mean ;)
Cubase 7.5
Finale 2012

johnstaf

Postby Marcus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi there,

thread is now closed.
I have warned to stay on topic.

@Steve Helstrip, we have tried to arrange a Teamviewer session with you and since then no response:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=47695&p=290380#p290387

Best regards,

Marcus
Education Specialist

Germany | Austria | Switzerland

My Desktop PC: Intel i7 950; Gigabyte GA 58x UD5, 12GB RAM, NVidia Geforce 770

My Laptop:
Lenovo T540p,Intel i7 4700MQ, 16GB Ram, 750GB Samsung SSD, NVidia Geforce 730M

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Marcus

Previous

Return to Presales