got my order in for 7.5

It largely depends on where you live in the US. Here in CA (but also in NY, WA, HI etc.) our taxes are just as high as in western Europe, with property taxes actually being even higher. The real problem is that while Europeans get something back from their government (low-cost education, health care etc.), we get almost nothing, at least compared to what we spend. But I agree that businesses pay less taxes here. Or none at all, in some cases…

Can’t seem to pre-order from here yet.
{‘-’}

My problem as well for for the last 3 days…

Can you actually by an update in USA from a store like Sweetwater or Gtr Center? I always thought updates in the .5 variety were online only.

I would prefer if possible to get it from my vendors, its only right to support them in anyway possible!

Oh and can you please share a definition for “Backwards Cousin” I’ve never heard this said in USA

After reading this I had to rethink.

Steiny has made it soooo easy to just get stuff on-line
that i don’t even think about it anymore.

I now just order it.

Getting a version of software from vendors might not be as convenient
as getting it from Steiny but it does seem to be the ‘right thing to do’

But is this just ‘old guy old school’ thinking?

{‘-’}

But is this just ‘old guy old school’ thinking?

I resemble that remark!!!

I bought some of the last updates from Steinberg as download and didn’t like the hassle with ask.net only storing files for a short time (yes, I do normally keep a backup but I had a particular issue at the time). so I went for boxed version for Cubase 7 and now 7.5. p.s. backwards cousins was simply a comedic reference to our historical domination of the colonies. nothing to get worried about! Ed

I don’t believe you can buy such an update from music stores.

Oh and can you please share a definition for “Backwards Cousin” I’ve never heard this said in USA

Not my word (you read it in a quote), ask eddiemacarthur. (I’m definitely NOT an American “exceptionalist”…)

BTW, Why is it cheaper for America. Shouldn’t it be opposite, cheaper here in Europe and more expensive in America?
In opposite, American things are cheaper there, and more expensive here. I don’t get it why Americans pay less for the same product. Any ideas?

don’t know. Scotch Whisky made in Scotland is apparently cheaper to buy in USA and Europe than in Scotland, because of alcohol taxes!

Hi all,

The 7.5 update will be available from December 4, 2013, from Steinberg dealers worldwide as a boxed version and in the Steinberg Online Shop as a download version. While the boxed update includes 3.5 GB content and requires a 500 MB application installer download, the download update version available through the Steinberg Online Shop requires the download of the content as well as the application installer (4 GB download). The Cubase Artist 7.5 Update is available as a 4 GB download only.

Cheers,
Helge

Seeing as how there’s still no printed manual, I’ll probably go for the download this time. :wink:

Yes, i would really kill for a paper manual to !!

i shall be Updating from Artist 7 to 7.5 in (hopefullk) less than 3 x hours (UK time) !! :mrgreen:

Um because my health insurance/out of pocket costs were $13,000 last year? How much was yours? Because your tax rate is higher? Because of Capitalist rules of supply and demand and what market value is in any given area. I could continue but the point is every market is different. I am guessing here, as I am no economist, that the companies that sell product make higher return off product at lower price point in USA than in Europe.

So I am sorry you pay more and I am sorry that we make less and pay more for essential services

Sat up until gone midnight but then read I have to wait another 14 x hours !! :cry:

Grace Period updates will become active on December 4, 2013 at around 2 p.m. CET.

No you don’t

So many factors… In some cases it can be as simple as a lower demand driving prices down. It could be tarrifs, trade agreements, corporate taxes, etc. In some countries the cost of doing business is just higher due to regulations and legal procedures, etc.

Different countries have different social entitlements such as maternity leave, health care, retirement pensions. You can’t just look at the price alone. You have to look at the entire economic picture.

Bottom line is that things cost different amounts in different areas for different reasons. Look at cable TV and internet service. Prices can vary quite a lot between areas only a few miles apart.

We Americans pay for internet more than any developed country and yet we get third-world speeds (pretty much like health care: we pay up the wazoo and we get very little in return.) It’s because there is no free market here. In reality there are a few conglomerates that collude to fix the prices and divide up the territory. In Korea or Japan, you can get 100 mbps for as little as $25/mo. Here in the US, the average price for internet cable is $50/mo. for an average of 10-15 mbps.

The joy of out-of-control capitalism… :confused:

Would you switch to the “other” system to save $25 a month?
Not sure I would say it is out of control. After all, there is no perfect system.

p.s. I know this discussion doesn’t belong on the forum but why do people keep “going there” with the capitalist greedy corporation talk? Maybe we can all agree that companies exist to earn a profit and they should do just that to the best of their ability. And if one is not happy with the price or principles of a company, then be happy you have the choice to seek other options.

and all getting serious and off topic! anyway, I hope to have my boxed 7.5 next week. look forward to it. ed :wink: