7.5 at last.

My 7.0.6 projects loaded just fine, this is also the first time I didn’t have to redo all of my VST inputs and outputs when I upgraded!! Kudos Steinberg!!

The update is looking GREAT.

Nicely done. And on such a short < 3 month cycle. I could get used to this.

I am a bit disappointed that the “Versions” feature is effectively useless to me, but how can one be upset with something they didn’t even know was planned. :smiley:

I mean, I use automation on almost every track, and would rarely have a situation where a different set of notes (different “version”) would somehow work with one set of automation. If it did happen, it would be random luck and would not be something I could plan on for doing project-wide “version switching.”

For me, I think the “Visibility” feature will be coming to the rescue, in this regard. A sorta poor-man’s “Versions.”

So many other great improvements to explore, too.

Cheers.

Yes, the new features are quite welcome. Glad to see development and innovation never stops at Steinberg, and can’t wait to see what they’re cooking up for version 8!

I have a question.

Does the content of Halion Sonic SE2 install automatically when C7.5 is installed?

Or do I have to initiate this separately (from within the HALion_Sonic_SE_2_Installer_win.zip download).

By the way, I have full versions of Halion Sonic and Halion5, so maybe there’s redundancy. All the same, I’d like any new sound content that’s SE2 specific.

happy to say we now have a ‘sampler’ - Padshop Pro, a PROPER drum sampler - GASE4 , a collection of STRONG synths and FX.

i can see me going native plugins on alot of my productions in the near future, which will certainly help with on-line collaborations.

so happy right now !!!

I’m Crying, 5 time i tried to buy Update to 7.5, but it’s imposible. Somebody have a same problem?

Thanks

Only had a little bit of time to work with it today – so far, I am very impressed! Thank you Steinberg! This finally feels “polished” – now I just hope it is stable. :slight_smile:

Groove Agent is a SERIOUS Battery 4 contender.

I might have to learn Media Bay though. hmmm.

Agree, it is always good to have some decent native options, like Magneto built in!!
How often can you decide to have 3 different tapes on HHs? Not until it’s this flexible :slight_smile:

I’m glad to see that everyone is so happy, and even those that are unhappy!

It seem like CRAZY GREAT ROCK’N Update! :mrgreen: :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

Now, I have GA One and GA SE…lol!

Thanks Steinberg, I’m just begining to endulge in the madness and loving every bit!

I can’t find any 7.5 manual or operation guide… I would like to get answer for a couple of questions before downloading… (yeah, right, like I am not getting it anyway… )

Shouldn’t it be in the download section?
THanks

Because it tastes so good. :slight_smile:

I’m wondering. Does the HALion Sonic SE content disc/download that comes with v7.5 contain everything that was included in the one that accompanied 7.0? I.e. do I need to keep it handy, in case a reinstall becomes necessary, or can I file it away in the furthest reaches of the cupboard (where old installer discs usually end up)?

There’s a 7.5 Version History in the current download area, doesn’t give much info apart from a long list of known issues! An updated user guide would be useful at some point, until then its jump in and swim (if you can lol)

Those were my initial thoughts. However, after a full day I’m very happy that I bought this. It’s much more polished than any previous release and has proved stable after day one. OK it’s early days, but I’ve never had a full day without a crash previously.

Ah the .5 releases are always the good ones. Loving it, GA SE rocks, and so far no issues.

Wow … Seriously, I’m blown away by the possibilities of Groove Agent SE 4 :smiley: I’ve been playing with it for an hour and It’s intuitive, fun and so much more powerfull than GA1. Thank you Steinberg.

Question: Are those H2 files required to install 7.5? Sorry i just never use or cared for the Halion sampler or content.

No, they’re not required :slight_smile:

Found the user guide is in the installer package, thankfully all went well on install after the 7 hour nightmare downloading!, No problems with elicencer, though I did run the updater on that before installing as some had suggested earlier (thanks for that tip) just had to put in the new serial number that came in the download email.

Lost all preferences and on first run it froze because it cant find plugins but after that it ran ok and had to point the the vst plugin paths and update as it couldn’t find any vsti etc when loading a 7.06 project in, but that’s been sorted, its system specific as to where people install 3rd party instrument and fx to.

To early to comment on anything yet, to much to play with!