H2E content won't install

When I try and install H2E content, I get a prompt saying “another installation in progress” when there isn’t anything else running (I even rebooted). Any ideas?

Hmm… could it be windows there were updating in the background? I’ve had an incident, where windows update was updating in the background, and got a message as you did when I wanted to run another installer.

But wait some seconds and press continue / try again - if possible. Otherwise check your task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) in windows, to see if more instances of Steinberg installers are running in the backgound. Then make sure, that no steiny installer or steiny synth was running in the background, when you started the content installer.

SLL

Thanks, I tried all that but I still get “error 1618”. I’ve tried cold boot, warm boot no other installer is running.

Mods: Can I just copy files rather than run the setup program?

For anyone else with this problem, I went into the folder “additional Content” and then “VST Sound” asnd ran the content.msi from there and it worked.

Aloha b and thanks for the tip/info.

Even tho’ I am on a Mac, when I install
C7.5 I will keep this thread in mind.

Thanks again.
{‘-’}

I can hear the new sounds of the Trip bank in HalionSonic SE2, but they won’t load in my regular Halion Sonic (not SE).
The presets do appear there, though.
Should it function that way?

Cubase 7.5 64 bits | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB | Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | much hardware

I’m guessing that your Halion Sonic would have to be version 2 in order to load those sounds.

Ah, yes, that’s probably the case then, thanks.

Cubase 7.5 64 bits | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB | Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | much hardware

YES! I solved my dilemma with trip! After fluffing around for ages looking for sound sets and reinstalling I gave up, then went looking for another synth to amuse myself and found the Halionsonic SE in that folder, all evening I had been trying to load the bl***dy things in to Halionsonic 64 bit :laughing: :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry guys’n’girls if I had you scratching your heads!