HS2-SE content ?

Can somebody please advise in which file to install trip? Ive had a look at the read me file but can’t seem to find any info.

God this really is trying my patience. One of the reasons for buying this update was for the new arrpegiator in Halion SE2 Yet I can find no information on how to install the VST files-can anyone help please?

What is so difficult about dowble clicking on a setup.exe file? Do you really need that extra info on a document?

As mentioned Luis my OS is OSX (Maverick) on mac. There is no setup exe file. Also I cannot find any information about
setting up theses files-why do you think Im asking???!

Hi john springate,

then you just have to double click on the HALion Sonic SE.pkg file

Regards

OK and wheres that?

Sorry, it is actually a .dmg file and that is the one you have to download from your shop account.

are you referring to the 7.5 dmg update file?

Are you saying they I have to buy the full version of halion SE2 ti get the trip file to work?

Hi john springate,

no, I’m not saying that. What I’m saying is that you have to download 2 files from your shop account. The Cubase 7.5 and the HSSE 2 Content.

Regards

thank you Luis hope this solves the problem

Just in case, if for some reason you can’t find nor use the download from your shop account, you can also download it from our website:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_75.html

All the best

Ive found the link already from your topic-Many thanks

Will HalionSonicSE’s TRIP Engine install and work WITHOUT the library, I am more interested in experimenting on a computer with a small SSD at the moment before i make changes to main PC.

thanks

Hi Majic,

no it won’t.

Regards

What about the other way around? Does the HALion Sonic Content disc that comes with v7.5 include everything from the one that came with v7? i.e. do I need to retain the the v7 one, in case that a reinstall is required, or is is superfluous.

Hi Svenne,

when you say disc, do you mean an actual physical disc? If that’s the case, then yes, it includes everything from the older version as well. I’m not sure about the updater though…

Regards

so i would need to install the library in order to use and/or edit the patches.

i actually forgot you cannot loads samples or extensively edit patches in HSSE

thanks

This is becoming a bit complicated. As far as v7 is concerned i refer to the physical disk. However, when it comes to v7.5, Helge Vogt states in the announcement:

Am I to interpret your reply as; the 3.5GB disc that comes with the boxed version includes the legacy data, but you’re not sure about the downloadable “45201_DVD5_HALSonic_SE_Content_2.iso” (3.44GB) file? This is important, as it will be one deciding factor in whether I am to buy the boxed or download version.

By the way, the content disc is included in the box, the application installer is not!?! Isn’t it usually the other way around?

Am I right in assuming that, if I decide to buy from the Steinberg Shop, that the iso:s available here:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_75.html
are sufficient, and that no further downloads are required?

Another question has come up aswell. on page 37 in the New Features pdf document, it is stated:

The first three are included with the install. “VST Connect SE” is not! Where can I find this pdf file?

Hi Svenne,

I have asked, and double asked to make sure. The HSSE Content is a full content, if you buy the download update, if you buy the box version, if you download it from our website, if you are grace period eligible… it is always a full content.

Hope this helps!

Regards