Cubase 7.5 Download / Box / Online Store

Get an USB powered christmas tree and … never mind … :mrgreen:

I bought Cubase Artist 7 in September and Steinberg bring out on “UPDATE” (their words not mine!) and I don’t qualify. While I would be happy to pay for an UPGRADE I think it’s a bit rich that Steinberg (Yamaha) should feel the need to put genuine users off side with this cheap trick.

To the OP,

please check the Shop site again. Some upgrades are available as a box or as a download, but you have to choose which one you want, the shop is not smart enough to read your thoughts and know that you wanted a box when you actually checked the download option.

On the other hand, most of the updates are available only as a download, e.g. the update from C7 to C7.5 or the update from CA7 to CA7.5. If this is the case, the “boxed version” option will be grayed out, so no need to feel cheated, you just need to look closely at what you are buying before paying!

Regards

I did always think it strange that download only purchases boast “Free Shipping” and during the checkout ask for a “Shipping Address”. That may have attributed to the confusion.
J.L.

Hi all,

The Cubase 7 to 7.5 update is available from Steinberg dealers worldwide as a boxed version and in the Steinberg Online Shop as a download Version (only). While the boxed update includes 3.5 GB content and requires about 500 MB application installer download, the download update version available through the Steinberg Online Shop requires the download of the content as well as the application installer (4 GB download). The Cubase Artist 7.5 update is available through the Steinberg Online Shop as a 4 GB download only.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Helge

I only have 1 thing in my mind right now: First World Problems…

People moan about not being able to download it, people moan about not being able to use it, people moan about the slow download speeds, people moan about the site being slow on release day, etc etc etc.

And now, seriously, they moan about a downloaded product instead of a boxed product, because Christmas… You gotta be kidding me…

Everytime I think: I’ve seen it all, someone is able to surprise me again :slight_smile:

Yes, Max. People moan really because they realise they haven’t the brains to use Cubase or a computer so they lock themselves in the forum hoping that someone important will take pity on them and will actually listen to their drivelling. :mrgreen: Misery likes company so you’ll find little gangs grizzling away.
Sometimes they run out of things to moan about so they make it up. Funny. :laughing:

I don’t want to make fun of them of call them names. But I did want to express my feelings towards all these ‘hate posts’ here…

Be happy with what you have and get real please… Steinberg is not a company only… there are actually people working there… People on internet seem to forget that…

u kno wot? spot on!!! sick and tired of the negative small insignificant " its your fault - not mine" attitude that some bring to this forum.

Hi Helge,

Unlikely that it does.

Surely Steinberg can implement a download installer that only retrieves desired components and incorporates eLc as well or is the future not Syncrosoft?

hahaha yeah! What do they do when they get REAL problems? :laughing:

And nobody knew exactly what Steinberg were up to last Friday so nobody could have scheduled something involving Cubase 7.5, could they? I can’t imaging what it could be people moan about they need without delay. It’s just the EVERYTHING NOW-syndrome?

Ok just loaded Cubase 7.5 (yes it was for me) and I can confirm that it is still as crap with audio dropouts as before.

How they can call this an update when they haven’t fixed the blooming software is a joke.

definitely feel cheated.

gave up on this being my xmas present.

Hi David, what seems to be the problem?

If you have Audio Dropouts, there is something wrong with your system… I have no problems with Audio Dropouts at all, so it can’t be Cubase 7 now, can it? :wink:

Then you’ll be happy to pay. It does indeed look like a version advance on C7. Unusual syntax but the “cheap trick” in fact does not benefit Steinberg. If you’re relatively new to Cubase however it might be worth your while getting used to what you bought recently and checking the reviews and reports on C7.5 before they rob you by forcing your credit card to squeeze money out of your bank unbeknownst to yourself.

Oh, really. Never heard that one before. DUH! But it tastes of old chestnut. Of course it works. You just don’t know what you’re doing. Get over it and get rid of that crappy computer and have a new one under the tree ready. And when you go back to skoowool ask teacher to show you how it all works. :mrgreen:

So I ordered a box version of Cubase 7 (update from 6.5). It came in the mail back in November and I set it aside because I am still working on a major project using 6.5 on my Windows 7 desktop. Well, I thought I would update version 6.5 that I have on my MacBook Pro so I could get familiar with version 7 before doing a major update on on my Windows machine. I updated the license to Cubase 7.5 and low and behold… I can not use Cubase 6.5 on my Windows machine anymore. Great… Might as well take the plunge into 7 then and work my way through the project. Well… I can’t even install Cubase 7 on my Windows machine because it is not connected to the internet. My Window 7 desktop has never ever been connected to the internet. Why in the world would Steinberg do this??? There’s a reason why I ordered the box version… I have super slow internet and it takes for ever to down load stuff… Then… I can’t even use Cubase 6.5 on the desktop anymore. It says I need to activate 6.5 again over the internet!!! What the hell??? Now I can’t do anything… this is a load of crap for people who actually pay for their software… This is total BS. I was still able to use Cubase SX 3, Cubase 5 and Cubase 6.5 with the license I had. Now it only shows Cubase 7.5. This is a load of crap.

No that’s not right, there’s SX, 6.5, 7.06 and 7.5 all running quite happily of the same licence,

As you upgrade from version to version, the new licence doesn’t obsolete the others and the new installs are side by side so can move over when your ready.

Get in touch with support and ask them to download the other licences to your dongle, they’ve been pretty fast responding on that issue, or so my experience has been anyway.

Good luck, you’ll get it sorted :slight_smile:

take a breath guy … grab a usb flash stick and your dongle ( make sure the flash stick is formatted exfat so you can share with your mac & PC … goto the site Download your 7 , 7.5 to the stick … install the elisencer on your internet machine … add your licences to all your new software to your dongle… then take it all back to the other machine and install…

I had the same thing too. SX 3, Cubase 5 and 6.5 all under one license. Working well until I updated the eLicense software. poof… gone. All it shows is Cubase 7.5 and Halion Symphonic Orchestra 16 bit version and Halion Player. I still have Cubase 5 on my Mac and it is running fine. Cubase 6 is no where to be found on the machine…