HS2-SE content ?

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Re: HS2-SE content ?

Postby Luis Dongo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:31 am

Majic wrote:Will HalionSonicSE's TRIP Engine install and work WITHOUT the library, I am more interested in experimenting on a computer with a small SSD at the moment before i make changes to main PC.

thanks

Hi Majic,

no it won't.

Regards
Luis Dongo, Technical Support
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby Svenne » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 am

What about the other way around? Does the HALion Sonic Content disc that comes with v7.5 include everything from the one that came with v7? i.e. do I need to retain the the v7 one, in case that a reinstall is required, or is is superfluous.
Cubase 7.5.30 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Cubasis 1.8.1 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 (Mavericks), Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced), iPad Air (128GB)
Svenne

Postby Luis Dongo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Svenne,

when you say disc, do you mean an actual physical disc? If that's the case, then yes, it includes everything from the older version as well. I'm not sure about the updater though...

Regards
Hamburg, Germany
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 am

Luis Dongo wrote:
Majic wrote:Will HalionSonicSE's TRIP Engine install and work WITHOUT the library, I am more interested in experimenting on a computer with a small SSD at the moment before i make changes to main PC.

thanks

Hi Majic,

no it won't.

Regards

so i would need to install the library in order to use and/or edit the patches.

i actually forgot you cannot loads samples or extensively edit patches in HSSE

thanks
Majic

Postby Svenne » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:Hi Svenne,

when you say disc, do you mean an actual physical disc? If that's the case, then yes, it includes everything from the older version as well. I'm not sure about the updater though...

Regards

This is becoming a bit complicated. As far as v7 is concerned i refer to the physical disk. However, when it comes to v7.5, Helge Vogt states in the announcement:
Helge Vogt wrote:The boxed update includes 3.5 GB content and requires a 500 MB application installer download.

Am I to interpret your reply as; the 3.5GB disc that comes with the boxed version includes the legacy data, but you're not sure about the downloadable "45201_DVD5_HALSonic_SE_Content_2.iso" (3.44GB) file? This is important, as it will be one deciding factor in whether I am to buy the boxed or download version.

By the way, the content disc is included in the box, the application installer is not!?! Isn't it usually the other way around?

Am I right in assuming that, if I decide to buy from the Steinberg Shop, that the iso:s available here:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... se_75.html
are sufficient, and that no further downloads are required?

Another question has come up aswell. on page 37 in the New Features pdf document, it is stated:
New Features pdf document wrote:For detailed information, refer to the following separate documents: “Plug-in Reference”, “HALion Sonic SE”, “Groove Agent SE”, “VST Connect SE”.

The first three are included with the install. “VST Connect SE” is not! Where can I find this pdf file?
Cubase 7.5.30 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Cubasis 1.8.1 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 (Mavericks), Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced), iPad Air (128GB)
Svenne

Postby Luis Dongo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi Svenne,

I have asked, and double asked to make sure. The HSSE Content is a full content, if you buy the download update, if you buy the box version, if you download it from our website, if you are grace period eligible... it is always a full content.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Hamburg, Germany
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby tonymax99 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm

hi,

does anyone know where the HSSE4 content is installed on my PC? i have a few kits missing samples, like anna hop kit, banger fc etc, some presets are there but its asking for the wave files or vstsound file location.

thanks for any help

Tony
Last edited by tonymax99 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 7.5.10
Cakewalk sonar X3 Studio
Reason 7.01
Ableton Live Suite 9
FL Studio 11
Presonus Studio One v2 Prof

Yes i do collect software!! but use it as well... ;-)
tonymax99

Postby Svenne » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:Hope this helps!

It surely does. Thanks for your effort.

Would it be too much to ask you to help with the location of the “VST Connect SE 2” pdf manual aswell?
Svenne

Postby Outsounder » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:52 pm

I ran the installer, got trip in the drop down menu in HSE and a list of presets in the browser, click on them and they don't load! Seems it's cant find the vst sound files, but neither can I lol where should they be? Seem to remember this happening with the other sound sets, really frustrating because I can't remember how resolved it!
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/16gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram. Win 764bit, Cubase 6.5 & 7.5, Studio One 2 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, Sonic Core Scope DSP Audio System, Roland VMC 7200-48 Channel Digital Mixing System & Focal Monitors. Software includes NI Komplete 8, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries.
Outsounder

Postby Luis Dongo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Svenne wrote:
Luis Dongo wrote:Hope this helps!

It surely does. Thanks for your effort.

Would it be too much to ask you to help with the location of the “VST Connect SE 2” pdf manual aswell?

Hi Svenne,

you will find a ? symbol on the lower right corner of the VST Connect SE 2's interface that opens the manual.

Regards
Hamburg, Germany
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby Luis Dongo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Outsounder wrote:I ran the installer, got trip in the drop down menu in HSE and a list of presets in the browser, click on them and they don't load! Seems it's cant find the vst sound files, but neither can I lol where should they be? Seem to remember this happening with the other sound sets, really frustrating because I can't remember how resolved it!

Hi Outsounder,

did you install it for "All users"? Have you already tried a Quick Rescan Disk on the MediaBay?

Regards
Hamburg, Germany
Luis Dongo
Site Admin

Postby Svenne » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:
Svenne wrote:Would it be too much to ask you to help with the location of the “VST Connect SE 2” pdf manual aswell?

Hi Svenne,

you will find a ? symbol on the lower right corner of the VST Connect SE 2's interface that opens the manual.

Regards

Ah-ha! So that's where the little bugger was hiding. Inside the VST Connect SE 2 plug-in. Thanx Luis.
Svenne

Postby PSYNTHETIK_ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 pm

If you have halion 5 already, do not install the hse 2 content! You will lose your halion 5 content, at least I did along with a few others.
iMac 3.1 GHz quad core i7 8GB RAM, MBP 2.5 GHz dual core i5 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2, Cubase 7.5.2, Halion 5, Access Virus C, Nord Rack 2X, xOxbOx, Steinberg UR824, KRK Rokit
PSYNTHETIK_

Postby Outsounder » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 am

I solved my issues with the content when I found the HS-SE in the synth folder, I was trying to load the sounds into the old HS 64 bit! :-)
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/16gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram. Win 764bit, Cubase 6.5 & 7.5, Studio One 2 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, Sonic Core Scope DSP Audio System, Roland VMC 7200-48 Channel Digital Mixing System & Focal Monitors. Software includes NI Komplete 8, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries.
Outsounder

Previous

Return to General