Love track Versions

Yes, well said.

I guess my expression of “musical” has become inextricably tied to effects. I think this underscores my real concern with the missing feature set:

Is it simply work-in-progress, versionable automation is planned, or is the Steinberg product philosophy and target audience such that this feature is considered “done”?

To stick my neck out a little, as a so-called “EDM” artist (don’t like that term, but will use it out of convenience to make a point), I’m slightly annoyed that a feature that is so painfully close to filling a common “EDM” problem – versioning (an industry where different “versions” are common) – falls short of its full potential. If it’s simply work-in-progress, I’ll rejoice.

Meanwhile, Steinberg has spend resources on a marketing-friendly “EDM Construction Kit” that I will certainly never use. I get it. I’m glad they’re being savvy and I’m sure the Kits are great and many will love them. It would just be very worrisome to me if this is Steinberg’s answer to useful, industrial-strength EDM-oriented tools, like: Studio One’s batch track freezing and frozen-track arrangement features.

• Spoken with deep respect, as a 20+ year Cubase user (who has strayed, but always comes home)