7.5 at last.

Install went flawless.

Updated License Center before and activated license. It found all plugins no need to tell it where to go so thats good!

Track Versions is just brilliant. This will make life so much easier. Finally, no more of that silly brushed metal look. Overall, Id say this is the best looking version for sure.

Time to play some more. Good work, Steiny :slight_smile: :mrgreen:

Ouch, this is exactly the kind of troubles i don’t need. I’ll check the NI website if there’s any clues on this. May i ask which precise libraries do you have troubles with ? And, while asking to update Reaktor, is it at least functional ?

Finally i’ve got 7.5 from friend, and I’m happy to see anyone had found all bugs i’ve discovered in 30 minutes of work under osx, this means all works great under Windows. But, on the other side seems to be better under osx than 7.0.6 if you can accept more ram usage, more latency more cpu spikes… Now you can’t disable asio guard… :laughing:

fyi,

A number of people have said prefs did not port over, which is weird because all my prefs were automatically copied over without skipping a beat.

This might be a quirk with your system. All my 7.0.6 projects load without a problem. Goes without saying, but do you have the latest Kontakt installed?

If you use a Mackie MCU or any controller using Mackie Protocol, forget working with Cubase 7.5.
(unless you only need to work with 8 channels)
(unless you like pressing "bank shift"43 times to move to the 43rd track)

Well, if they say so… it’s not weird, isn’t it ?.. :slight_smile:

There must be a local problem (that is: to those having it) that blocks C7.5 from copying C7.0x preferences.

It happened with my system too. upon installing (and finishing) Cubase 7.5, the preferences folder was EMPTY (obviously this shouldn’t be the case. it shouold have copied those from 7.06). but having read the people here, I simply copied the whole preferences folder from C7.0x - before even launching 7.5 - and got it over with.

Nevertheless, there IS a problem there.

I’d say to ANYONE :

Simply ERASE your newly created preferences folder (EVERYTHING IN IT) and copy ASAP the folder from C7.0x (so you won’t create - potentially - different setting to work with).

No, I’ve just been paying Steinberg under the table to supply me with the bugless version of Cubase. :smiley:

Yep, that’ll do it. Just curious - are you on Windows? Maybe it’s a platform specific bug.

No I have another conspiracy theory :

You are Charlie Steinberg, hunting for “traitors” and marking anyone who says bad things about Cubase… :laughing:

Yes, I am on Windows 7, 64bit Home Edition.

Hats off to the guys here that relieved the phenomenon and made it possible for me to have smooth transition (at least for now…).

Which makes all my loyal followers…

Ha Ha HA !!! :laughing:

I LOLed here ! hard !

and to all : keep 'em insights coming. it eases the transition. really.

Cheers !

Are you sure? I’m using Tascam US2400 with CB 7.5 without any issues (controlling 24 ch’s, pans, transport and custom commands). Using just mackie control device protocol x 4 (the 4th for the joystick only).

a lot of people confirmed this issue (including me) … someone found a work around (holding shift while pressing bank once fix the prob) but the chan button and a couple of other stuff are broken :S
Hopefully they’ll fix this in 7.5.1

L.E. - Mea Culpa. Tried later a 56 ch’s project and you’re all of you right. Bank+ increases only by 1 (except the shift trick). Otherwise… I can control 24 channels at once (Tascam’s “fault” - I read about controlling only 8 ch’s at once and no more - which is not my case)

This smells bad. Is there something rotten in Hamburg? :wink: There is little excuse for any of the MCU issues. It is an established protocol and well established/defined. Such MCU problems have been a feature of C7 from it’s release. It feels a bit like Microsoft and Explorer browser vs whoever. No apologies or culpability have been forthcoming from Steinberg either. It’s strange because half the user manual on remote control devices is dedicated to the MCU still.

That said C7 and C7.5 are truly excellent on the whole. So why the problems with MCU then?

With all the new visibility options, integration of hardware controllers should have been done better.

However, just because our MCUs aren’t plug and play anymore, doesn’t mean we can’t fix it ourselves.

Perhaps MCUs are old fashioned and unpopular, and Steinberg expects us to move on.

Just to give some feedback here… i tried loading Reaktor 5 right now and it works here in Cubase 7.5 without any problems… using the 64-bit version in a Hackmac 10.8.5, updated Ultimate 9 to the latest versions.

Have you tried loading Reaktor in 7.5 to see if it’s still complains?

Even if they’re old, they’re not really outdated since they have most of the features todays controllers have … and A LOT of people use them. I don’t think this is dramatical since there’s an easy workaround but I hope it will be fixed in next version. C7.5 Is Rock solid and this is the only issue I found that wasn’t in C7.0.6 so far.

The ABSOLUTE opposite of my experience.

See here: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51282#p314173

Hugh

PS Loving the whole 7.5 thing. Excellent Update.

Thanks for that HughH. Looks promising.