MCU Functions Expanded in 7.5

I ran across an “issue report” about how MCU functions have been screwed up in 7.5.
Not at All! They are much improved on my system!

So I thought I’d re-post my reply over there just in case anyone was having the same issues (or thought they were).

New Stuff:

1. The channel buttons are now “page” buttons for multi page menus (used to be the top leftmost 2 buttons, but those now have new functions).
    If you use “shift” with the bank buttons they alternate between Band and Channel jumps.

2. EQ page has changed for the better. Everything on 8 knobs. Push first knob to Alternate between Freq and Q - Push gain knob to turn band on and off. Brilliant.

3. FX sends are now accessed with what used to be the “Page Up” button - the one on the top right (of the six upper left). Depending on how many (if any) extenders you have you can page through Level, on/off, Pre/Post with (what was) the “channel” buttons.
    Shift press on the same button (old “page up”) gives you "“send 1” for all channels - and with subsequent shift presses you toggle through all 8.

4. The “send” button down near the Read/Write buttons allows you to tweak the effects - but shift press this same button allows setting the Cue mix levels for each channel - again, subsequent shift presses toggles through each of the 4 cue mixes.

5. The bottom right of those 6 upper left buttons (used to be sends, I think) now allows complete control of the built in “strip” effects. The left knob (#1) scrolls through the effects. Knob 2 bypasses. Knob 3 chooses the Processor (like vintage, tube, etc). Then page 2 (using the old channel buttons) brings up all the controls for the selected unit.

6. The “Bank Select” buttons have no function as is - but this Generic Remote setup . . .
    Steinberg Forums
    . . . works better than dedicated fader bank because you can assign anything if you only want - say - 4 banks available.
    You’ll need to alter the commands in the XML file to match the new function name - this can be done right on the Devices/Generic Remote page in Cubase - I have it working excellent in both the Project and Mix Console windows. It works on whichever window has focus.

7. The upper right button (of the 6 - used to be page down) now controls input/output bus, gain, and phase as well as “monitor” status for all channels. Use the old “channel” buttons to page through functions. I also noticed it will hold the selected page when you come back to it (like “monitor”, for me).

Ther’s more and I’ve probably missed some stuff but . . .
Kudos to SB for this functionality. I’m lovin it!

Hugh