Cubase 7.5 Download / Box / Online Store

No that’s not right, there’s SX, 6.5, 7.06 and 7.5 all running quite happily of the same licence,

As you upgrade from version to version, the new licence doesn’t obsolete the others and the new installs are side by side so can move over when your ready.

Get in touch with support and ask them to download the other licences to your dongle, they’ve been pretty fast responding on that issue, or so my experience has been anyway.

Good luck, you’ll get it sorted :slight_smile:

take a breath guy … grab a usb flash stick and your dongle ( make sure the flash stick is formatted exfat so you can share with your mac & PC … goto the site Download your 7 , 7.5 to the stick … install the elisencer on your internet machine … add your licences to all your new software to your dongle… then take it all back to the other machine and install…

I had the same thing too. SX 3, Cubase 5 and 6.5 all under one license. Working well until I updated the eLicense software. poof… gone. All it shows is Cubase 7.5 and Halion Symphonic Orchestra 16 bit version and Halion Player. I still have Cubase 5 on my Mac and it is running fine. Cubase 6 is no where to be found on the machine…

This is what I did not want to do. That is why I ordered the box version. I have really really slow internet. I ordered the box version so I could just install the software on the non-internet machine and just update the dongle on my laptop. It will take a total of 13 hours to download the software…

This whole thread just scares the heck out of me.

My wait just got longer.

Hope you get it sorted.
{‘-’}

Well… Cubase SX 3, Cubase 5, Cubase 6.5 are no longer on MySteinberg Product page or my license… Tried to reinstall Cubase 6 but it would let me activate it. Thanks Steinberg for ruining what was supposed to be a full weekend of recording sessions… All has to be canceled… I will try and call the support line tomorrow and see what happens… I made a big mistake in updating…

Updating right before major (full weekend of) recording sessions. OUCH! I feel for you. Good luck.

Updating the eLicenser on all systems that have older Cubase installs might work. The older eLicense app probably doesn’t recognize the new 7.5 license on your dongle and therefore it might not know that it’s valid for older versions of Cubase. In general, new licenses require the latest eLicenser app to work with it.

I think I had the same issue years ago when I installed C5 on my new system and had to test something on my C4 install on my old system. It wouldn’t work until I updated the C4 eLicense app to the latest version.

You can get SX3 from steinbergs archives here:

It’s 3 DVD in size

Good luck, hope it’s sorted ASAP!

Did you updated elicenser software before upgrading?

Did you tried to run a maintenance?

And you don´t need to be online to install Cubase 7 (you can download all the content from another machine). Run the elicenser update in your offline machine too (don´t need to be online to do that).

just bite the bullet guy and … move the machine to the fast net or fast net to the machine … and upgrade
theres nothing new to learn …think of it as an adventure …LOL ( was worth a try )

Please stop the myths that is a result of software-middle-Ages that a machine with cubase on it must not be connected to the Internet.

Cheers, Ernst

+1

Now that sounds like something I overlooked. I will def give this a go when I get home after work. Left my laptop on to download 7.5. I hope that there’s no interruption in my Internet where I have to start the whole download process again. This is my third attempt on trying to download 7.5. This is most likely due to my Internet service than the Steinberg servers…

Thank you for the link. I have the full version of SX 3 on disk. No need for me to download it and that’s my issue. I bought the boxed version of the 7.0 update. The contents/software should be in the disk. Not something that directs me to the website to download it. That is the one thing that ticks me off the most!!! I have the 6.0 update on disk… Why couldn’t Steinberg do the same with the 7.0 update I purchased? 7.5 would be something I would have bit the bullet and download just like I did for the 6.5 update…Even if it took 7 to 10 hours to do.

I agree… But please tell me why when I was installing Cubase 7 update from disk that it booted up my windows explorer. The message stated that I have to be connected to the Internet in order to complete the installation of the update. Certain components were updated but Cubase 7 will not be installed.

Thanks… Yea… I’m a dummy for that but the new features look really good and enticing that I just had to do it. I bought the Cubase 7.0 at the end of October with the plan of doing a major update to my DAW in January… Then Steinberg came out with the 7.5 update and I could wait to install… To I many new shiny toys to resist…

+1

Cubase is my fav DAW, but their dongle scheme is scary as all hell (at least from working professional’s perspective).

The dongle scheme is dead simple - you can´t blame it for users that don´t seem know what they´re doing. Unfortunately it´s mostly them who scream the loudest…

Nice jab… I scream out in frustration and hyperness in my bid to get my Cubase 6.5 working as soon as possible. Haste makes waste and I reached out to the community to help and listen to me whine… And many have responded in a nice way to help out and suggested solutions. This is not one.
I’ve been a Cubase user since Cubase 5 VST/32 with the old printer dongle… Please… This is why I stopped coming to these boards years and years ago… As for the person that’s scared… Don’t be… This is the first time I had an issues with the dongle and yes, it could be the user… Me.