[New song] I can never let you go

The strings sound much better than before in the fact that they now fill up the frequencies better from low to high and left to right. But now my criticism is that they don’t play anything that interesting. So the next steps are to try and give the string parts some partial ‘answering’ melodic phrases to the vocal melody. The 2nd violin area (just left of center) sounds a bit thin or low in comparison to 1st violins (far left.) Lastly the dynamics don’t really go anywhere, but once you begin writing partial counter-melody lines then that should start to happen more naturally. Overall it sounds far fuller than previous stuff with strings but they need to move in terms of notes more, just takes practice though so keep at it.

The 3rd chord of the progression doesn’t sound quite right to me, maybe it’s just the bass note or the other notes of the chord. But it doesn’t give it as powerful an emotional impact as it could (and should imo.) I’m not at the piano so I can’t really say why, I just know that the notes don’t sound that strong vertically following from the previous chord. The delay gives it a nice rhythm though. You’re improving all the time though so you should be proud of that.