Missing most of the Insert effects after upgrade

I have Cubase Artist 7.5 and see that the majority of the Steinberg Insert Effects are gone… no Compressor… no nothing really…

Here is a list of what I see:

Distortion
|Bitcrusher
|DaTube
|Grungelizer

Dynamics - MIDI GATE
Filter - Step Filter

Modulation
|Chopper
|Metalizer
|RingModulator
|Tranceformer

Other
|LoopMash FX

It comes out looking like that … some of them (the gate and the Step Filter) aren’t even in their respective Main folders (Dynamics and Filter)

I’ve tried uninstalling all Steinberg related stuff, rebooting, reinstalling multiple times, uninstalling… wash rinse repeat… I still can’t get all of the Insert effects to show

Windows 7 64bit using Cubase Artist 7.5.0 64bit

Same problem here… none to happy about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I think there is something kooky with the Artist 7.5 installer… I just uninstalled 7.5 and reinstalled from the old 7 installer this time, and I see all of the effects.

Well I noticed it’s the cubase plug in set in the vst3 folder that is kooky. I just moved the set from cubase 7 into 7.5 and they showed up. Moved the file from 7.5 to 7 and I get the same look as I got in 7.5

Though, I don’t have the new magneto plugin, or the new reverb plugin that are supposed to be in artist 7.5… also don’t have the updated gates and such as well.

It’s the Cubase plug in set vst3 that needs fixing… thats my issue. tried using the 7 installer, just installed 7. used the 7.5 installer and still have the same issue.

Have an email into support so see what they come back with.

Thank you for the help.

Mine too it seems. That Cubase Plugin Set.vs3 is flaky! I wonder what else is flaky with this build… :laughing:

Glad you got a workaround for the time being… maybe if we band ‘together’ with more requests to support that they’ll look into it further…

Ok… So I think I figured it out.

I uninstalled Cubase artist 7.5, and I downloaded the Cubase 7.5 installer.

I then activated the Cubase 7.5 trial and all the plugins showed up. Whether the plugins that are supposed to stay with artist will after the 30 days… fingers crossed. But I think since the 7.5 installer is actually bigger then the artist installer the plugins actually work.

Also of note, if you already started artist 7.5 then no matter how many times you uninstall and install you’ll get the same install over and over again cause it keeps the data on your computer. So here is how you get around it.

Since Cubase 7.5 and the 7.5 Artist share the exact same installer it is a preference and the license that determines which one opens. As you have already licensed and set the preference for Artist that is why it continues to open.

To reset it you want to follow this.

Windows Vista and 7

1. Quit all running Programs
  2. Navigate to C: > Users > “Your Folder” > AppData* >Roaming > Steinberg
  3. Rename the Cubase folder to old Cubase do this to any folders you see for the program in question.
  4. Launch Cubase and you should be prompted which version to open.
  • AppData is hidden to show follow this.
  1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
  2. Click the View tab.
  3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Hope this helps dood.

I appreciate the detailed post, Diverce. However, that didn’t resolve the issue for me. Steinberg tech actually told me to do the same… but still have the issue.

We now have a longer thread on kvraudio about this… apparently many CA7.5 users are having this issue…

Just to let you know, we are currently checking this here. Thanks for the reports!

I’ve always used
Steinberg\VSTplugins
rather than
Steinberg\Cubase 5.5\VSTplugins
Steinberg\Cubase 6\VSTplugins
Steinberg\Cubase 6.5\VSTplugins
Steinberg\Cubase 7\VSTplugins
Steinberg\Cubase 7.5\VSTplugins

never had any issues with disappearing plugins.
And no, I don’t have all of them installed but I could and it would work.
If you never had set up a folder path for this folder you do that in
Devices>VSTplugin Information
When you’ve done that once it seems like Cubase find the path itself.
So for C7.5 I didn’t have to do anything.

HTH

On Macs, the 7.5 installer leaves the installed Cubase 7, so you have both of them. Cubase 7.0.6 still works fine for me, but 7.5 has the missing plugins problem on new projects (which on a Mac are inside the application bundle), and crashes when trying to open an existing project.

The issue has to do with licensing apparently… I got a temp key that is working fine. :sunglasses:

Yes, I saw a license warning come up on one of the EQ plugins when I was scanning them.

We are working on a hot fix for this issue at the moment and will release it asap.

Is this just a mac issue because mine are fine?

According to your signature, you have Cubase and not Cubase Artist. It’s a Cubase Artist only issue.

I can confirm that the temporary license key fixes both the missing plugins issue, as well as the crashing I was experiencing when opening an existing project. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ed. I’m sorry I missed that.

The update is now available: Cubase Artist 7.5.1 plug-in set update available - Cubase - Steinberg Forums