Missing most of the Insert effects after upgrade

Ok… So I think I figured it out.

I uninstalled Cubase artist 7.5, and I downloaded the Cubase 7.5 installer.

I then activated the Cubase 7.5 trial and all the plugins showed up. Whether the plugins that are supposed to stay with artist will after the 30 days… fingers crossed. But I think since the 7.5 installer is actually bigger then the artist installer the plugins actually work.

Also of note, if you already started artist 7.5 then no matter how many times you uninstall and install you’ll get the same install over and over again cause it keeps the data on your computer. So here is how you get around it.

Since Cubase 7.5 and the 7.5 Artist share the exact same installer it is a preference and the license that determines which one opens. As you have already licensed and set the preference for Artist that is why it continues to open.

To reset it you want to follow this.

Windows Vista and 7

1. Quit all running Programs
  2. Navigate to C: > Users > “Your Folder” > AppData* >Roaming > Steinberg
  3. Rename the Cubase folder to old Cubase do this to any folders you see for the program in question.
  4. Launch Cubase and you should be prompted which version to open.
  • AppData is hidden to show follow this.
  1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
  2. Click the View tab.
  3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Hope this helps dood.