Virtual Guitarist! Virtual Bassist!

Hi themarqueeyears.

Read this:

Hi Haraldsson

Thanks for your time, I appreciate your replies.

best
tmy

I am in a Mac quad core intel xeon- version 10.6.8
I cannot open VG2 in Cubase 6.5.1 64 bits, why!!! Help someone?..
Thanks

I am running VG2 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 Cubase 6.5.0 64-bit.

When I’m trying to run the Virtual Guitarist installer on OSX, after clicking Install or continue than “Accept” a small blank screen comes up and nothing

http://www.avid.com/US/press-room/Avid-Divests-Consumer-Businesses-and-Streamlines-Operations

Maybe Steinberg will team up with Air/Wizoo again, and update these best virtual instruments. Let’s hope

Virtual Guitarist 2 still running - now in Cubase 6.5.3 64-bit on Mac… all good so far.

VG2 might run, i dunno I don’t have Vg2, but VG1 doesn’t

On windows 7 64 bit with cubase 7.01 VG2 still runs, even in vstbridge, while other apps crash VG keeps running happily. This is a good designed plugin, after all this time it is still installable and runnable, great!

But then again I did submit and urged SB to get it back!

Hey Everybody!

Well, patience really is the key with the “Updating the registry”-issue on Win 7 64-bit with VG. After reading this thread I thought I might also try to install it and just leave it in the background. And after surfing / doing other things a bit the logo suddenly blinked and the install-process continued.

Now I can run everything like on XP. Just amazing! Okay, I had to install my Cubase 5 as 32-bit Version, because “The Grand 2” made trouble in the 64-bit version. But ReWiring with Reason also just works in 32-bit Mode with Cubase 5, so that this should be the best solution for using every feature from the existing software on a new system.

Best regards
Starfool

Well, I have these fine instruments working really great. Have found that I can never “UPGRADE” Cubase 6. If I do I lose them all. Sad

Hi Jack.

I am using Cubase 7.0.5 and everything running fine, Virtual Guitarist 2, and Virtual Bassist.

Thanks “haraldsson” for letting me know that but I am so happy the way things are I will leave it alone. I don’t need the hassle at this stage of the game in my life. I really don’t know enough to move forward. I’m groping all the time
on the computer when I move ahead and afraid I’ll lose more than I gain.

I purchased the original VG back in the day, but somewhere along the line I’ve lost it. I have a couple songs where I used the Wah Wah patches (since my own attempts at Disco Era wah failed miserably). I wish Steinberg would post access to the PC version in the Legacy downloads section –

Aloha T,
After reading haraldsson’s post:

I am running VG2 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 Cubase 6.5.0 64-bit.

I got encouraged but then I remembered (like what you posted):

Same situation here. :frowning:
{‘-’}

Virtual Guitarist 2 and Virtual Bassist still working… now in Cubase 7.5 64 bit on Mac OSX Maverick. :slight_smile:

But would still be nice to have these two updated to today’s standards!

I would like to know if they will work also (on win 64bit)

Virtual Guitarist works fine on windows 7 64 bit. I have it jbridged on Cubase 7.06

Running vg2 on window 8 64bit and c7.5 with the steinberg bridge no problem very steady!

Please tell me where you can buy a license for a Virtuals Bassist and Groove Agent?