APPEAL: C7.X Pro Composers: Voice Your Opinion here![POLL]

#1: I would group together all the little workflow issues I have. I’d need a “glue selected notes shortcut”. Also a “glue only adjacent notes” shortcut, supported as an option when gluing regions in the arrange, so basically allow global edits for material not right on the grid without requiring a whole bunch of manual fixing. Change attributes for all selected notes in all active parts. Optionally completely sticky attributes for MIDI input, so repeated starts don’t always require pressing the attribute keyswitch again. Multitrack CC inserting from the arrange. Keyboard shortcuts for variations of “insert CC ramp at cycle”. Split directions with the scissors as well as the range edit tool. Single keyboard shortcut for playing the session at 50-75% tempo for recording harder to play figures. Convert ramp tempos to a number of jumps within the session that ensure the exported tempo map works 1:1 in Pro Tools. Allow MIDI and audio on the same track for multitimbral instrument outputs. Select top notes (can kludge it with a macro with C7 logical editors improvements though). Automation groups. Chord track with more intelligent support for chord and non-chord scale material in the same region, with proper voice leading. Process Tempos with support for multiple jumps, so you can lock start and end timecodes and then only the curve changes. Export to video file by compressing a small H.264 at the same time. Stuff I do in AutoHotkey right now: Marker batch export (I know, it’s Nuendo-only), MIDI-track based batch export i.e. export with each one track or group of tracks soloed. I’m probably still forgetting a lot, because I’ve kind of just given up on collecting these. The amount of time spent writing feature requests for niche stuff like this that will likely never get done is not worth it unfortunately.

#2: DP-style chunks would help so much with managing multiple cues. Although the only positive thing about doing everything in a single session, like I do now, is that with a single tempo map, we also have a single grid-correct session for Pro Tools for the mixing engineer. So I’ll add that chunks with a “consolidate to single session” feature where it adds the needed tempo changes between cues to do automatically what I do manually would be the ideal solution. And a DP-style V-rack for this, albeit with automation supported.

#3: REAPER-style scripting. Again I don’t really expect this to happen anytime soon, since it’s not exactly a surface feature you just throw in. But I feel this is the future of the industry for artists of all kinds, because the use cases are just way too varied for software companies to be able to fill all the workflow styles. I could do most of the stuff in #1 myself if Cubase had this. It’s incredibly frustrating to be missing out on simple features that would take no more than an hour to implement (based on how long it took in ReaScript), yet contribute to the workflow immensely.