OK, What's The Trick To Trip?

Cool. That did the trick. Big cheers.

Now, as is my wont, I have a couple of comments:

1. I think there is a bug in here. Call me stupid, but I almost never remember to ‘Search’ in the dropdown list because it doesn’t -look- like a typical Search Box.

So what I was doing was sorting the entire list by Library and looking for patches or a Library with ‘Trip’ in it. There were NONE. Really.

But when I took WillyNanita’s suggestion and typed ‘Trip’ into the Search bar, the Results pane did appear with all the Trip patches. Good. And then the next time I looked at the entire list, it had magically re-populated itself with the Sonic SE Trip Library.

I think the gizmo needed to ‘re-index’ itself. Because I’m 200% sure it was NOT displaying the Trip patches -before- I did the Search.

1. The Search Results to -me- is silly. Why doesn’t it display all the various columns like ‘Library’? It has a completely different look… far more geeky than the regular list of patches.

2. Luis, I did look @ the manual. It nicely explains the functionality of Trip, but I think there should be at least one sentence that says: You access the Trip synthesiser whenever you load a patch from the selection of instruments with the Library ‘Halion Sonic SE Trip’. It assumes you already know how to find these things.

There has always been a tendency to treat people who ask ‘obvious’ questions like morons or pirates. Or both. To my mind, something foundational like a dropdown list and Search should be DEAD SIMPLE. And frankly, I think the current system is too frickin’ convoluted for its own good. I think this problem is a combination of my being a dumb musician, overly complicated design -and- a tiny installation bug which I hope you’ll look at. Since people who post here are registered users, it seems like, if they have problems, the first question s.b. 'How can we make the program -easier- and not just assume. I know that’s hard because a LOT of us (me included) ARE impatient idiots and customer service wears -everyone- out. But we deserve the benefit of the doubt. Until you can’t take it anymore, of course. :smiley:

—JC