Industry economic optimism

I read that thread a while back when you posted it. With the consumer, do you think there would be more value if downloads were more money. Like, $1.50-$2? I think apple did a lot of harm charging 99C per song. They devalued music in a major way IMO. As every other thing has inflated, 99c downloads remain the same. There are lots of other factors too to the fall of the industry. This is only one morsel.

As far as commercial work, that is where I make the most money. It can be a lot less fun though. Mucho Pressure. I have a hard time thinking that this will go by the wayside too into outsourcing. Actors have to record their lines in person. Mix, scoring and such… I don’t know as it isn’t anything I got into. I do, however, work with remote producers 99% of the time in this line of work. Maybe I am in denial too.

Being kid at this moment, I don’t think I would sink what I have into a studio. Who knows though… Maybe I would because I do enjoy the work I do, but I have invested a hulla lot of money into Woodcrest. With the economy as it is, I probably wouldn’t have the money these days to even come close to what I have today if I began this moment building a studio.