If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1
Love the new features and the fix on Mixer views. Nice.

What about the opposite thread, “If you don’t like 7.5 update…”?

I wouldn’t say I hate 7.5, but for me (as I don’t use Cubase for composing/arranging purposes nowadays, only for audio editing, mixing and vocals pitch-correction) there’s not much difference in comparison to 7.0.6. So I don’t really care for 7.5. And what frustrates me most is that little annoying bugs are still there, unresponsive video service, weird MixConsole behaviour, re-appearring Status Line, which takes up screen space. Seems that Steinberg care a little for such details, yet these details effectively kill the workflow sometimes.

I sometimes work at a sound studio, they still have quite an ancient Windows XP PC equipped with Cubase 5, it’s funny to notice that my workflow is significantly smoother there, and this is certainly not “old habits die hard” case, it’s just the interface which responds more quickly (I mean VariAudio editing here, for instance, which for some reason is slower on Mac) and easier to look at.

Extremely Happy with Cubase 7.5!!! PC Windows 7 x64 of course!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

+1

BEST UPDATE EVER!!! :smiley:

Worked like a charm. I ordered the BOX version and let me tell you… Everything all settings, preference, key commands, ICONS, Color settings etc. went copied from 7.0.6 automatically.

I couldn’t been happier. And all talk about loading times? Never notice anything strange. Works perfect over here fast as usually. Load time of Cubase 7.5 seem even faster then 7.0.6? It takes about 10-15 sec.
I even loaded a old 7.0.6 project. Much faster load time then before or the same, about 20 sec. Medium size project about 4.8 GB RAM Kontakt 5, Omnisphere, Audio etc…178 tracks…Less CPU in use too on same project.

\

My specifications

Own build Full Tower COOLERMASTER COSMOS 1000-case, Water cooling, PC

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Ivy Bridge-E Intel Core I7 4930K 3.4GHZ 12MB, ASUS X79 Deluxe (Gold), 32GB RAM 1600-MHZ CORSAIR, 2x INTEL SSD 530 series 240GB SSD SATA 600, Intel SSD 80GB, CORSAIR H110 Hydro CPU Cooler, 3x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64MB SATA 600-disks, Seasonic X-660WATT PSU, ASUS NVIDIA GT640 2GB RAM-graphic card extra HDs fans etc…

Best Regards
Freddie

Freddie, what about the mixer? Is it even usable at a basic level?

+1 ,im still loving c7.5 and all haters find your own thread !

I bought 7.5 but have not installed it yet. Is it possible to run 7.0.6 and 7.5 on the same partition. I have several project currently 7.0.6 and don’t want to jump into new water till I am sure.

Personally, I find Cubase quite usable. Like most gear when there is a design change, you typically have a change in the way it handles or responds…but I enjoy the challenge of altering my workflow to welcome a fresh perspective. Even things that are considered “broken” are rarely ever show-stoppers as I always have the prior version to fall back on for projects that still require a specific workflow or feature.

All in all, I am finding that I truly enjoy the layout and aesthetic my beloved Cubase has taken in this latest update…and considering I spend an average of 10 hours a day working in it, these aspects are very important.

Thank you Steinberg!

Aloha t,
IMHO it is always best to finish projects in the
programme in which they were started.

I now have C5/6.5/7/7.5 all working fine on the same partition.(on Mac here)

Good Luck!
{‘-’}

Agreed 100%.

I now have C5/6.5/7/7.5 all working fine on the same partition.(on Mac here)

Same here on Windows 8.1 (except that I don’t have C5 because my main desktop is newer than that release.)

Projects will always degrade gracefully, providing there are no bugs in the code.

I have a commercial studio and never start an upgrade in the middle of a project. I just would like to have it on the same partition so I can start working with it on the side till I am comfortable. I have had a problem wih 7 from the beginning, not being able to save presets in channel eq or any steinberg plug-ins. All third party plug are savable.I was working with one of the tecs and he just disappeared on me, won’t answer emails any more…I have been a faithful Cubase user since VST32 and as much as liked the enhancements with C7 it did seem buggy to me with random crashes and the annoying inability to use any eq presets from my previous versions. Hopefully that is in the past. I have no sessions tomorrow but bookings Fri through next Wed so I will load it up tomorrow and dive in…Thanks

If you’re just composing, then there’s no problem upgrading your projects or if you are familiar with the project structure of Cubase, it is not a worry.

It’s got nothing about hating 7.5. It’s got to do with a unbalanced thread. If you disagree with what I said earlier the good luck opening doors and finding your backside.

If the OP wants this to be a “like” thread for 7.5 update then that’s what it is , if you don’t like it then don’t comment then ,simple isn’t it really :unamused:

I forgot to say CMC-s all controllers work fine with Cubase 7.5 x64 too. :smiley:

I love the new mixer in Cubase 7.0.6 and in Cubase 7.5 they have taken it even further.

Tip of the Day
I use the “MIXIER 2” or “MIXER 3” as my main mixer. :wink: That solve the most problems you will ever encounter regarding Mixer problems /bugs. I don’t know why “MIXER 1” “F3” has all the issues or had the most of all issues when the rest of mixers worked fine? To work around it, use MIXER 2 or MIXER 3= no issues.
:slight_smile:

Best Regards
Freddie

+1

Bigtime! I read this thread and made the move. No hassles with the D/L, installed fine. Pointed it to my plugins and it rocked.
Here’s the big thing for me- Maybe my 7.0.6 install is slightly twisted, but now 7.5 opens faster, closes MUCH faster, and opens projects with pigs like Kontakt, Alchemy, Omnisphere WAY, WAY, WAY FASTER! It’s like night and day.

Groove Agent is another, cooler animal all together. All of my 7.0.6 projects opened right up. That’s all I’ve had time to get to so far, but I’m stoked. Worth every penny.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Edit: The VST performance seems better too. Seems too good to be true. Again, maybe I had a problem with 7.0.6. Either way, I’m a happy camper.

Fine I’m out. Everything is rosey and don’t comment otherwise. I’ve got a horrible creepy feeling slithering up my spine when I hear crap like this. It does seem very simple. Stupid me. Eh!

Obviously, it is due to the fact of new programming.

No idea? I just know that it solved the problems “back in the day” in Cubase 7.0.2 etc… :wink:
I’m sure MIXER 1 work fine now with 7.0.6 and 7.5 but I just continue use MIXER 2 because of this.
I have ZERO problems!

If you encounter problems with the mixer… try my work around. :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie