Quantizing Audio AND Musical Mode - Users, please read and s

Seems to me this should be a pretty huge topic as it’s either a massive oversight on Steinberg’s end or I’m missing something. Far as I can tell, we have to choose one or the other: we can either have Cubase quantize audio (see the excellent tutorial on cubasetutorial.net - most of the way down the screen) OR use Musical Mode, where Cubase puts hitpoints/Audio Warp markers at regular intervals, with no regard to the hitpoints (transients) it detected.

If Cubase can detect transients and quantize accordingly - meaning it’s moving transients to recognized points on the Tempo-based grid - why can’t it base Musical Mode on those (rather than intervals that don’t necessarily have any useful relationship to the content onto which they’re applied)? As it is, if we quantize audio and then enable Musical Mode, Cubase effectively undoes all the quantization.

Why can’t we have both? Having quantized audio that is responsive to tempo adjustments we make after the matter would be incredibly useful.

Thanks!

Well, if Cubase has moved transients to the tempo-based grid, all you need to do is set the audio file to take over definition from the tempo (which you just quantized the file to) - Done.
Quantized audio in musical mode, following tempo changes after quantizing.

I don’t exactly understand your question but if your have recorded audio material in example 98bpm and Cubase doesn’t understand the time base material is 98bpm. Do as following.

1. Press CTRL+P to open AUDIO POOL.
  2. Find the audio clip you like to active that Cubase 7 hasn’t detect the tempo.
  3. Activate the clip “Empty box” and add the tempo manual =98bpm.
  4. Close AUDIO POOL.

Now you can quantize the audio file or what ever…

Best Regards
Freddie

[quote="thinkingcap]
Well, if Cubase has moved transients to the tempo-based grid, all you need to do is set the audio file to take over definition from the tempo (which you just quantized the file to) - Done.
Quantized audio in musical mode, following tempo changes after quantizing.[/quote]

How? When Musical Mode is activated (where Cubase changes audio files according to tempo settings), it immediately undoes all quantization.

[quote=“Brock”]

How? When Musical Mode is activated (where Cubase changes audio files according to tempo settings), it immediately undoes all quantization.[/quote][/quote]
By taking over the definition from the tempo track

How do I do that?

Sorry, seems I was wrong, and it doesn´t seem to work how I thought it would… :blush:
You´ll have to “bounce selection” or “flatten” the quantized file first.

You “define tempo”, either manually, or automatically, in the sample editor. Then you press the “musical mode” button there - and your audio is stretched to fit (you probably know this already - but if you don’t - make sure you’re not confusing the “musical time base” button on the track, with “musical mode” in the sample editor…two different things…:slight_smile:…)

Thanks for this…

Is there any way by which this can be set to default mode… that is all recorded audio is enabled to musical mode by default?

Anyone know the answer to this question?