Cubasis 1.7.1 maintenance update available now!

I second, second that! Can’t beginn any bigger projects until this is fixed. Also no mention about fixing those weird “cut noices” in audiocopied material. I’ve mentioned this before, with out any life signs from Cubasis support??

Is there any chance that you fix - or at least recognize - the serious “Sustain pedal bug”, that renders every midi recording of a pianist unusable?

Details: sustain pedal bug in Cubasis 1.7 for iPad - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

Has the 1.7.1 Cubasis maintenance release been submitted to Apple?

Is there a chance that "CB-1431 Solves a rare issue where triggering MIDI notes frequently on an instrument assigned via Core MIDI lead to hanging notes." might be the fix for that?

Hello guys,

Regarding the jumps:

• Which iPads and which iOS versions are you using?
  • Did you close all other apps that are not being used?
  • Did you choose low waveform quality in the tracklist, 44kHz and 16-bit?
  • How much free disk space do you have left? (the more the better)

Regarding the “weird cut noises in audio copied material”:
We need more information, could you please describe it more detailed? is it AudioCopy?

Hi Crohde,

Thanks for responding.

• I’m using an ipad 2, with the latest version of iOS7
  • I have around 7GB of free storage space
  • I’ve closed all other apps
  • I’ve done a hard reset
  • I’m only using a few audio tracks and a couple of midi tracks
  • I’m using no IAA inserts
  • I’m using low waveform quality, 44hz and 16 bit

I’ve tried everything to record audio that doesn’t fall out of time and skip bits that I’ve recorded, but more often than not, there will be problems with the recording, especially if it’s a longer take.

The problem occurs using the built in mic, an interface via USB & CCK or internally via Audiobus or IAA.

No other DAW on iOS suffers with this problem at all (GarageBand, Music Studio, Auria etc) so I firmly believe that you can correct this problem via an update. If there’s a critical issue with CPU whilst recording, Cubasis should warn the user and halt recording, rather than continuing the recording incorrectly.

I really hope that you can fix this problem.

Many thanks

CB-1432 Fixes a rare phenomenon where MIDI port list popups appeared continuously.

This was super annoying and was happening frequently
:slight_smile:

Looking forward to the update!

Just getting to grips but I’ve been having a few issues with notes hanging & stuttering when midi is sent IAA to iSem & iMini - doesn’t seem to happen in GarageBand.

Hopefully it’ll land soon!

I’m using ipad2, ios7 with 5G of free space, 44 hz. Audiobus set to 512. All apps closed. Not using any plug-ins and no fx. After a percussion track, keyboard and 2 rhtymn guitars plugged directly, the problems start. I also don’t have the problem with Garageband; I’ve recorded up to 10 tracks and no problems. If this issue can be resolved Cubasis can be a great app. Till then I can’t use it for more than 2 or 3 tracks.

Hi,

About the wierd noice. At firts I thought it had something to do with copied loops from Drum Loops HD (I’ve already described my copying process for you). But this noice also accures within Cubasis. Let’s say I record an acustic guitar piece on one track (using Focusrite Itrack), then duplicate it on the same track right after the original clip. When I did this before it sounded smooth but now there’s this weird cut noice (kind of a static sound) between the two regions. I’ve done this a hundred times before without any problems. Running the latest Cubasis on an Ipad2, with the latest ISO, 44,1, 9,3 G space with no apps running in the background

I’m sure you’re gonna fix these reported bugs and then again Cubasis will be the no 1 DAW on Ipad

You’re doing a great job, you know

//Christian

Hi

Please take a look at the Cubasis MIDI CLOCK OUT. it doesn’t work with many apps … Drum Jam, Alchemy, NLog .

In Drum Jam it starts / stops but doesn’t lock to tempo or to bar starts…

Also please a way to move Cubasis projects between iPads via drop Box.

I really do appreciate all the update attention we’ve been getting! Thanks

1.7.1. is out now, in Denmark at least

Out also in the UK. Just downloading now… A great Christmas present from the guys at Steinberg! THANKS

In Italy O.K. Wow … Big Update … THANKS

Thank you so much for your commitment to the customer. Cubasis is amazing and incredible value for money.

Thank you!

Any chance we can get an option to set latency between 256, 512, and 1024 samples? I remember hearing Cubasis has a default latency of 256 when I had a problem with a helluva lot of pops, clicks, and glitches in playback (which also often lead to Cubasis crashing), and I’m talking with no other processes running and after having cleared out memory usage using cmem. I’m still having this problem, and the only way I can get Cubasis to operate proper is to open it within Audiobus (as Audiobus can run either 256 or 512 samples). I’d appreciate a latency option. (iPad 2, 64-gb bought December 2011, iOS 7.

Another thing I’d like fixed is Cubasis not remembering mutes. When I mute a couple tracks, and then I solo another track, when I unsolo the solo’ed track, the other two tracks are no longer muted. Having to constantly remute tracks is rather annoying and slows down my workflow.

Then on the fun side of things, can we have a bitcrusher/decimator? Something that can smash and alias the holy hell out of a signal as well as subtly affect a signal on a setting of, say, 32000hz and 12-bit (i.e. drum fattening)?

This is a good update so far. :slight_smile: Happy holidays.

Still glitching. Audio still glitches and stops, even with two tracks playing. No midi. Ios 7.04 no other apps running. Hard reset, did not fix. Now I have to use Garageband as Cubasis is unusable. Why is this?

Hi people.
Thanks for the app.
However i still have some problems.
I use to do loop Music.I sequence 8 or 16 bars loops, then freezing them and Mount the composition.
When i copy and paste some loops ,in the Point of paste the audio generates a “pop click tekk” noise.
Im on miniipad 64 gb and have a lot of space.
Interesting is That When i exported these loops to Auria i can join them without pop-click noises.In time, i bought Auria because i expectes That i could do all in Cubasis but This annoy click noise turn this expectance in unreality.

Thanks if You could fix it.

Best regards
Walter- BraZil

IAA Is not working with the 1.7.1 update.So far I’ve tried ISEM and Nave and the IAA control panel will work at first and then just disappear from the app.What is really strange is that if I play a note on the ISEM keyboard the IAA panel will toggle back and then go away again if I don’t touch one of the transport buttons.Everything was much more stable before the update and yes I’ve tried closing apps and restarting my IPad air .Please fix this…REALLY FRUSTRATING! I’m on IOS 7.03