[Music] HornForHire's son - Home Run

Hi everyone,

A few years ago I posted a song of my oldest son, who plays tenor sax.
Some of you may remember that.

This time I want to post a song of my youngest son, who’s ten at the moment.
He plays electric guitar since two years and loves (hard) rock! :sunglasses:
He wrote the melodies and riffs and I helped him to put it into one song.
All the guitar parts are played by him, I helped with the arrangement and played the rest.
You should’ve seen his face when he played the harmony parts! :slight_smile:

He plays baseball, hence the title. Have a listen to Home Run

Cheers,
Wim

Aloha W, and GREAT! 10 year old? WOW!

I can just imagine his work 10-15 years from now.

‘The apple does not fall far from the tree’.

Sending much Aloha.
{‘-’}

I gotta say I started writing when I was 12 and didn’t sound near that good. Pretty cool stuff. :wink:

Are you kidding me? Wow. Wim… you got some serious competition coming your way! :wink:

This boy is going places… and he was blessed to have such a great teacher! :sunglasses:

Wow…Look out!!..you must be so chuffed… :smiley:

Hey Jasper,
Just listened in on your song, it’s a Home Run! Way to go, keep up the good work. Say hello to your pop’s for me. :smiley:

Your new fan from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, :sunglasses:
John

Thanks for listening and the kind words everyone!
You make him very proud! :smiley:

I’m proud as well, it’s great to see how much he enjoys playing the guitar. :sunglasses:

BTW, Ian, I’m not his teacher, although we play together regularly.
He’s got a proper teacher, a guitarist with whom I played in a band for a few years.
His name is Jeff Zwart, one of the founders of http://www.famousguitarintro.com.
This is him: jeff zwart - YouTube

Cheers,
Wim

Killer!!! That must have been so much fun and he is making his father and his teacher proud

Jasper, very very nice work, but there is no question that you need a much better guitar, otherwise your clear talent could be limited by the tools with which you work. I’d suggest an Alex Lifeson Les Paul. You need a high quality amplifier too, maybe a Mesa Boogie or a Fender Twin Reverb, but you’re going to need the right pedals with either of them. Je hoeft niet te wachten tot Sinterklaas volgend jaar, want ik weet zeker dat je vader is te begrijpen.

Hahaha! :laughing:

Well, he plays my Fender stratocaster and I just bought him a new amp, a Roland Cube 40GX, so he doesn’t complain!

Thanks for the listen,
Wim

Hah, pretty cool that he’s into rock. I also began my musical adventure playing rock/metal on an electric guitar. :smiley: Really good effort for 10 years old. I think that guitar is even harder than piano at that age because of how the strings can slip and slide without enough pressure from larger/stronger hands. Can imagine how happy he’ll have been recording it yeah. :slight_smile: Hope your son keeps on practicing many hours, there’s nothing like playing/writing music. :sunglasses:

Very nice! I’m incredibly impressed considering that he’s only 10. Like everyone else said, I can only imagine what he’ll sound like in 10 years.

Hey Jonathan and Larry,

Thanks for the listen and the kind words. :smiley:

Cheers,
Wim

That`s great writing and playing Jasper ,for someone so young,well done.

That is really nice!
I guess the flame is ignited Wim ! Lucky Man! So prepare for a lot more spending on gear for this talent!
You will enjoy that for sure!.
Tell him he rocks! :smiley:

Haha, thanks! I will!

Very nice, congratulations on a son like that Wim :slight_smile:.
Ga zo door Jasper!

Bedankt Rick! :slight_smile: