THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!

Lets face it Cubase has to be more than an alternative to Pro Tools.
For me the fact that is more than just a studio recording software is it’s strength. I am a guitarist but love playing about with sounds and going places I have never been before. Steinberg has always been a DAW that encourages us to think outside the box. (I have been using Loopmash to re-sample my playing.) I guess that is why there are so many bugs, because they want to be so many things to so many users. I for one love that. I certainly am glad that I am am not stuck in a studio with bands rehashing all the old clichés - I would rather rehash my own and perhaps add a few unexpected things on the way.

I am not knocking those of you who run studios. Far from it, I think you do wonderful stuff and provide a really valuable service. Not to mention living a financially precarious life. However I baulk at the use that many people make of the word professional, as if it is a passport to some higher plane of knowledge and creativity. What is a DAW professional? I mean anyone can claim whatever they like on a forum and nobody would be any the wiser. After all did I not just claim to be guitarist.

The value of Cubase to me is not it’s perfection, because it quite plainly isn’t. It is its versatility and the possibilities that it offers its users. I may not be the best musician, but I have the best fun. Sure I get cross with Steinberg at times and irritated with Cubase. I am sure we could say the same about our partners, as they could about us. However, we still love them in spite of all that. That is the value of a long term relationship.