Halion Sonic SE content missing

Hi everyone,

I’ve just updated to Cubase 7.5 and installed HSSE inc. the content but it is not appearing within Halion Sonic. I’ve tried rescanning from within mediabay.

I’ve also tried moving all the files I could find containing HSSE to c:users/user/appdata/roaming/steinberg/content/vstsound. (According to another post that is where they should be located. The installation seemd to put them in various other places, including Halion folders, etc.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
Andrew.

I have exactly the same problem here! Tried a couple of things without success…

Anyone help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ricardo

Same here ! I have Halion 5, and now I installed 7.5 with the hope for Trip and HSSE 2, but I dosnt see them :frowning:

Yeah this really sucks balls! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just sent a message to the support department…

I have Hallion 5 and Halion sonic 2 (full versions - had these before 7.5 was released) and have a similar problem

The only instrument sets showing in Halion are the 4 basic ones. No Model C, for instance. And not the orchestra, which I bought some time ago.

Also, other intruments like Tribewerk and Hypnotic dance are no longer showing within Halion.

I think the patches themselves might be there, but not the groupings.

I would suggest that all of you also contact the support team if you haven’t done so, cause it’s already taking too long and I just wanna start doing my stuff with it…

By the way, does anyone know how many presets should be in there??

Cheers,
Ricardo

Haven’t the foggiest! Made worse by the fact I added a few extra libraries :slight_smile:

Damnit… no reply from the support team… :frowning:

Why is there not just an answer about this?

I haven’t even updated, but I am sick and tired of seeing this same question unanswered (not just this forum) for weeks now.

Why not sticky a response? I just don’t understand? I think this is where members become frustrated.

I just found out that my whole Mediabay content is missing… :open_mouth:

This is really not cool… and still no reply from the support… they need to fix this ASAP! :imp:

Hi all
I had the same issue after new installation of cubase 7.5. My PC is running Win 8.1 and the solution is:

copy all HSSE vstsound files in to Folder (replace USERNAME with your username)
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

I’m using OSX Lion but I’ll try to move the files, thanks JGerecke.

By the way, I’m also missing the content in Groove Agent One… what about you?

It’s the same … all vstsound files (for all instruments) have to be placed in this Folder described above

Having same issue. I been trying to figiure this out since last week. WTF! This is annoying. Thanks I’ll get back to you.

What annoys me the most is the fact I didn’t get any reply from steinberg’s support at all!! I have sent them 3 emails.
I also called them on the phone and the guy could only tell me to re-install…

I looked at the support page and it says they are closed from Dec 23 thru Jan 2.

Correct, I’m aware of that but I contacted them 2 weeks or so before the 23rd though. I still hope I’ll get some feedback let’s see.

Hi guys,
Just joined this thread. I’m having the same problem with HSSE 2 content. It seems that all my .vstsound content for HSSE has disappeared. I’ve tried installing the HSSE Content 2 (iso image) dvd with no success. It seems to get stuck on ‘FCP_047_HS_Tonewheel_Organ_01.vstsound’ asking to ‘verify that the file exists and that you can access it’.
I’ve given up with Steinberg support after contacting the four tines with unhelpful or no response whatsoever.
NO CHRISTMAS BREAK EXCUSES STEINBERG! IT’S NOW 11TH JANUARY!!

I don’t have any folder path that looks anything like that on my laptop (there is no AppData folder inside my User Folder)
My laptop is running Windows 7 Professional SP1. I’m not having the same exact problem on my desktop PC,
but I am missing some sounds on that version as well.

And I have submitted a support ticket as well.

Found the folder. It was hidden. I’ve gone so far as to reinstall my entire Absolute VST Collection and I’m still missing some content.