Mac-osx to win7-64 bit migration

I did that about three years ago (Mac to PC.) Never regretted it for one second. It was like getting out of very heavy and expensive shackles and stepping into total freedom. Oh, and don’t let anyone try to convince you that “pros only use macs.” I’m a pro and I use Windows. So is Hans Zimmer, who also dumped all of his macs for custom-built PC’s (and yeah, he’s a major Cubase fan.)

For the record, I’ve never had a single OS crash on Win 7 and 8 and never had the tiniest shred of malware. And yes, my main desktop is connected to the internet (it would be a major hassle if it weren’t…)

IMHO now that Windows is just as rock-solid as OSX and malware is no longer a concern (if you know what to avoid on the net…, but that also applies to macs nowadays) there is absolutely no reason to spend more money on a mac (or get a lesser computer for the same money), especially if you use Cubase. Also, most common-platform software runs more efficiently on Windows (Kontakt, Play, VEP, TotalMix FX etc.) and win machines averagely work with lower latencies than macs. So, why would you want a mac? So that people around you think you’re “cool”? Reality check: the 1990’s have been over in a while and Steve Jobs resides six feet under…

Finally, with a Windows DAW you can build your machine (or have it built) to YOUR EXACT SPECIFICATIONS and you don’t need to accept whatever Apple thinks it’s best for you (and guess what, macs aren’t specifically designed to make music.) That also means you can buy the VERY BEST COMPONENTS on the market and not what Apple would have you believe it’s best (Apple has HUGE profit margins, which means they don’t use the very best components. Just slightly better than average.)