If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

No, this isn’t how either OS works. I can do videos of z-order working correctly in Reaper, Sonar, FL, Samplitube and hell even Tracktion.

Secondly.
Have you tried activate the meter sections “control room” and have that activated on “right” view always.
If you do, I think that will prevent this from happening. > :slight_smile:

No, this does not … I don’t think you grasp the problem. It is a confirmed bug from over a year ago …

I’m good with you being happy Freddie, but you out of your depth on this.

Ahaa you mean plugins disappearing behind the mixer? Why didn’t you said that in plain English instead of call it Z-order? :unamused:
Yes I know, it happens here too. One thing they need to fix for sure. :wink:
I can still work with it.

Best Regards
Freddie

Why, because that’s exactly what it’s called. :sunglasses:

I’ve been using Steinberg software since the mid 80’s, and my experience with them tells me things will be ironed out.

Regarding “fixings”, I meant of course new features.

Henceforth, i will play the devil’s advocate, simply because there is no explainer. There is no problem with adding features; it is now embedded in the release and in .5 updates but we must now band together and make our problems known to Steinberg since it cannot be assumed that forum staff even use the program in any capacity let alone on a professional basis.

+1 Happy. :smiley:

moond.

Sorry I don’t have quite enough Cubase experience since you started in the mid 80s. I started in 1997. My experience with them tells me most will be ironed out…not all…by a long shot!

I will gladly provide you a list of things they have never ever fixed. Yes, they are usually small things you learn to live with, however some seem so innocently simple to fix yet Steinberg ignores them and continues to add new features.

So truthfully, wouldn’t you say something like 80% of the things “will be ironed out?” This is my experience at least and obviously depends on what level you use Cubase.

I should add that I’m not referring to strictly bugs. I mean things that are broken, bugs, and obvious issues never corrected. Some of them can be as “small” as key commands. However key commands can be huge to users who attempt to take advantage of fast workflow.

So to start…
Why can you open the History page with a key command…but not close it with any key command? The history window is such a god-send! Yet it requires a mouse to close it. Something so seemingly simple to fix…yet to my knowledge never acknowledged by Steinberg. But don’t worry…there will be another Loop Mash improvement in the next update. :mrgreen:

Loopmash is a plugin, not a feature.

That’s the best reply from the self proclaimed “DAW expert?”
BTW…I’m still wondering how people qualify to be up to that esteemed status? You never replied.

Don’t do it. That’s when ‘trouble’ walks in. :smiling_imp:

“Draw the wagons into a circle”!
“Why do you always do that”?
“We get better reception that way”! —firesign theatre

{‘-’}

+1 excellent.
Had an issue that carried over from 7.06 where after exporting audio mix cubase would freeze on a macbook pro.
Tried the trash preferences routine and instantly solved the problem. Rock solid stable and responsive. Great update, love it.

first you need an email address (preferably a freemail, in order to stop spam) then sign up. In the past you needed to have purchased an appropriate software application in order to post but now it appears to be open slather. Once in the forum try to be accomodating of varying points of view and always take on board moderators’ directive(s).

+1

just got it… love it!

+1

still crashes but not as much in 10.9 osx

Plus a tongue firmly in your nether cheeks.

Well, I can’t bend that way so that lets me out… :laughing:

• 0.75 :slight_smile:

Since the upgrade everything works fine except for…

• Its very difficult to resize the windows… the cursor just flickers when you pass over the edge of a window so you cant “grab” the edge to move it around or make it bigger (sorry if this has been mentioned already)
  • Projects take very long to save… at least 3 times as long as before with 7.06

Liking 7.5 a lot. Appreciating the great update. :slight_smile:

I don’t use 100% of Cubase. Some things I rarely use. The things I do use however, works great. Sure there are some things I wish worked differently at times, but hey, there are bigger things in life worth fighting for. Grinding about a mouse click that would saved some time, seem to negate the benefit.

So truthfully, things will work out. Maybe not the way some would want it to work, but close enough. If you cannot live with that, based on my experience, you need to move on, go elsewhere, change, adapt, whatever. Life is just too short, and these kind of worries will just bring the end a little closer. It’s already too close for my taste! :wink:

+1. No DAW is ever going to be perfect, but I can’t think of a better one now for the MIDI composer (and I own Logic X and DP 8. I don’t do much audio work so can’t comment on that side of things.