APPEAL: C7.X Pro Composers: Voice Your Opinion here![POLL]

Right now I find that I can work quicker than ever in Cubase! So in general I think they’re implementing the right things to keep me going. If there was a 5th option which allowed me to say that then I’d vote.

But, yes, there are many fixes left undone and some backward workflow steps (like Iterative vs Hard quantizing, which has been changed to a toggle operation - doesn’t make sense to me after all these years of two different commands, and slows down my workflow because I used to use both via key commands very quickly, now it’s difficult to say which is selected so it slows me down to check!).

On the other hand, I can tune a vocal line in 1/4 of the time it took before. It’s even quicker than melodyne, which was fairly fast, it’s the same quality now, and yet included in software no messing about. I can select plugins by typing the name, so much quicker than looking through my 100 long list (that’s if I can remember the name!). I can add group tracks to selected tracks in one step, great feature. I can time-stretch things to my heart’s content with superb quality.

All of these things I use daily to help me create my productions (e.g. soundtrack audio, albums, songs, mastering) which the public reward me by purchasing. So, there’s not that many things that stop me working as I need to.

But a discussion like this is definitely necessary so that Steinberg can see the shifting opinions.

Mike.