If it was your money?

We’ll be buying C7 and all gear on my dad’s creditcard for insurance purposes possibily, but mostly in case my
possesions are seized: They can’t take his stuff. ( i have defaulted on a 2G bank loan )…so a student purchase
makes it all the more complicated…it’s 2 years since i took a course—and you have to take 2 to be an adult
student…besides, fraud makes me nervous, Steinberg can revok the liscence, eh ?

But I wanted to ask the Forum what happens when you first start recording songs you’ve been arranging in your head since highschool ? I always had precise parts for bass, drums and pads whenever i worked on a song, but
in my head off course…i would play guitar and sing—my friend said: You look like you’re measuring it all out
in sync with a brain track…it was true: Like any dreamer i was playing with a full ensemble even though it
was just me…i would speculate what horns come in as a turnaround part, what bass and drums would do and
where, if i needed backing vocal chicks ( major part of the fantsy ), but most of all pads…pads, pads, pads…
synth pads—i like 'em quiet and smooth like a baby’s bottom ( that’s why i tend toward Omnisphere )…So, soon i’ll have to make a major life change from the multitrack in my head to the DAW in the computer—It’s obvious that
this will be a difficult birth…i won’t get what i want until i’m somewhat pro…or worse, all provided sounds
will overwhelm me ( i don’t call that inspiration )…yeah, i’ll get caught up in what’s availible, albeit awesome, and
the DAW will have commandeered my delicate sense of my music…lot’s of this will be positive…but i want to stay on track when i start—because i’ve dreamt up a sound already, eh ?

On the other hand it probably won’t be much of a problem—What did you notice when you first went from
your ideas to recording with a DAW ?

j