If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

That’s the best reply from the self proclaimed “DAW expert?”
BTW…I’m still wondering how people qualify to be up to that esteemed status? You never replied.

Don’t do it. That’s when ‘trouble’ walks in. :smiling_imp:

“Draw the wagons into a circle”!
“Why do you always do that”?
“We get better reception that way”! —firesign theatre

{‘-’}

+1 excellent.
Had an issue that carried over from 7.06 where after exporting audio mix cubase would freeze on a macbook pro.
Tried the trash preferences routine and instantly solved the problem. Rock solid stable and responsive. Great update, love it.

first you need an email address (preferably a freemail, in order to stop spam) then sign up. In the past you needed to have purchased an appropriate software application in order to post but now it appears to be open slather. Once in the forum try to be accomodating of varying points of view and always take on board moderators’ directive(s).

+1

just got it… love it!

+1

still crashes but not as much in 10.9 osx

Plus a tongue firmly in your nether cheeks.

Well, I can’t bend that way so that lets me out… :laughing:

• 0.75 :slight_smile:

Since the upgrade everything works fine except for…

• Its very difficult to resize the windows… the cursor just flickers when you pass over the edge of a window so you cant “grab” the edge to move it around or make it bigger (sorry if this has been mentioned already)
  • Projects take very long to save… at least 3 times as long as before with 7.06

Liking 7.5 a lot. Appreciating the great update. :slight_smile:

I don’t use 100% of Cubase. Some things I rarely use. The things I do use however, works great. Sure there are some things I wish worked differently at times, but hey, there are bigger things in life worth fighting for. Grinding about a mouse click that would saved some time, seem to negate the benefit.

So truthfully, things will work out. Maybe not the way some would want it to work, but close enough. If you cannot live with that, based on my experience, you need to move on, go elsewhere, change, adapt, whatever. Life is just too short, and these kind of worries will just bring the end a little closer. It’s already too close for my taste! :wink:

+1. No DAW is ever going to be perfect, but I can’t think of a better one now for the MIDI composer (and I own Logic X and DP 8. I don’t do much audio work so can’t comment on that side of things.

Forget the other “DAW’s” for MIDI, nothing beats Cubase that’s for sure.

+1

I really like the return of Magneto and the return of the gate’s adjustable gain reduction. These two alone justified the upgrade cost for me. :slight_smile:

In that perspective I agree with you. But the above also depends on your frequency of use, especially if you earn money using Cubase. Better workflow…less waste…more money. I have always said compared to the competition Cubase is the best. If it were not, why would I be here?

A great DAW can bring out great passion with users. And that is the problem…even though Cubase is the best for myself, I see so many areas of improvement…most of them are workflow and fixing already implemented features.

Many issues appear to be so simple to fix! Since there is a key command to open the history window, how hard would it be to create a key command, or use the same one to close it? While there is a micro for Bounce In Place, how difficult would that be for Steinberg? Would a little mono button be THAT difficult to implement? Is fixing key command mixer focus issues all that difficult?

So close…yet so far…

if it was as simple as you infer, don’t you think it would have been addressed already?

Absolutely, I use Cubase every day and part of my income comes from using Cubase.

Workflow, waste and money are business related terms. The tool chosen, only enhances the job. However, no matter how much a tool is changed and improved, in the long run it won’t have any effect on the business side.

Some improvements just make sense, others are often very subjective. E.g. have you ever been to Home Depot (or any other hardware store, for that matter)? If you haven’t, check out how many types of “hammers” there are, for example… Still, houses are built as cheap as possible. One for business, and all for business. :laughing:

Again, it’s business that kills that “great passion”, not Cubase (or any other DAW for that matter). They are just tools, not magical music wands. Steinberg has always been a great innovator of tools for musicians, and those musicians are the ones hammering out the magic (or cheap radio trash, :wink: ).

And still close enough. :wink:

I don’t know. I would think if they created a KC to open, they could just as easy create a KC to close…or use the same KC a second time to close. I’m not a programmer.

Do you assume it’s complex or impossible to fix and it has been addressed already?

If it’s only possible to open, but not close with a KC, wouldn’t some type of communication from Steinberg be in order? I sent a request to support for this specific problem, but he never heard back from Germany. In the past other requests have usually resulted in fixed issues in the next update. Even if it’s not possible, a reply from Germany via my tech support guy would be nice.

I do know there have been key commands in the past that Steinberg simply left out from prior versions, and when brought to their attention, the KC was added. For example “reset meters” was left out with 7.0. And there have also been KC’s suggested by users which they implemented. Based on prior releases such as 7.0, I don’t think KC’s are a very big priority.

Well, from the examples I chose…

1. Key command to close History window since there is one to open it.
  2. Bounce In Place
  3. Mono/stereo switch on each track
  4. Key command mixer focus

I have never thought of these as subjective, or issues some users would object to. I think of the above as features that either would improve Cubase for the majority of users, and features found in other DAW’s but not in Cubase…yet.

If it were “close enough” you might as well close up shop and call it a day. But I’m hoping instead they implement ideas suggested by users and fix the things that need fixing.

Here’s another brilliant suggestion that IMO adds much consistency to Cubase.

Is implementing this a subjective tool? (Assuming it doesn’t screw something else up.)

Were you aggressive in your correspondence?