7.5 LoopMash FX blank panel part

I’ve just upgraded to 7.5 and started playing with the new toys. The LoopMash FX is working, but it comes up with a blank white panel in the upper part of the GUI (see attached picture) . According to the book the waveform supposed to be there. The nuisance is that on this surface are you supposed to handle the Quantize Note parameter. Switching to generic user interface solves that problem. The preset part is empty as well, but that’s not a problem with that kind of FX. Otherwise the MIDI remote function is working great, so it’s a great FX, on par with Finger FX from my Komplete bundle.

im having similar problems with Cubase 7 and 7.5 - you’re not alone with the loopmash FX white screen problem though so don’t worry ! im sure that tech support can help you or they will release a fix.

Im unable to use groove agent SE 4 at all… im unable to drag/drop patterns from it, and all the waveform displays show “image construction error” ! -

if anyone has any help?

It seems I’ve found the solution. In the German Cubase forum I came across some info. So I downloaded Microsoft’s .Net framework 4.0 and updated my Radeon videocard’s driver. Now I have graphics in Loopmash FX. I don’t really know which one, but I guess the .Net thing did the trick.

It’s a shame this doesn’t work for my groove agent se4 problem ;(

ok - well I have managed to download all the FULL Cubase 7 and 7.5 ISO images, and HALION sonic setups.

I removed 7/7.5 32-64 bit versions, used crap cleaner, deleted all the preference folders, etc… then installed cubase 7.5 32-bit on a clean separate hard drive partition.

the result is, even though i still get the image processing errors in mediabay, and in groove agent se4, as well as the dreaded error when i try to drag/drop patterns into the project window…

runs much more stable, and even things like VST connections shows up the correct inputs, loads of little things seem to just, run…well… faster…

I also did remove all .net framework setups, and downloaded the latest 4.5 .net - hasnt made any difference.

for those that are experiencing the LoopMash FX white screen, the above help may work for you, so try it…

if anyone has the same drag/drop problem in GA SE4 as me, please let me know… and if you manage to solve it, again let me know ASAP!

Hi Steve! Have you tried the 64 bit version of 7.5? Why are you using the 32 bit Cubase version with 24GB RAM? It seems like a waste. (You can use max 4GB, but even less in reality with 32bit)

I use 32-bit and 64-bit versions of cubase 6.5 and 7.5. sometimes if im doing a lot of large orchestral work and i need a lot of BFD3, Amplitube 3 and modern VSTs i use the 64 bit versions… if im doing pop backing tracks and need some older samples, like Linn drum samples etc, and some older VSts prefer 32-bit version.

not a waste, just nice to have both options…

oh and for the record - i solved absolutely ALL of my previous issues with cubase 7.5 by putting on service pack 1 to my windows 7-64 ! - magically all my “Image processing errors” and groove agent SE drag/drop crashes, disappeared and the thing is smooth as silk now, just like 6.5…

my suggestion to search for the latest graphics card driver and windows update would be a good one, im sure youve already done this, but also check your dxdiag (Direct X) version - Run>dxdiag

another thing to check for is Visual Runtime versions. I do not get any problems with loopmash FX, but have no real use for it to be honest…

also, for the record, Ive been extremely angry these last few weeks, with Steinberg blaming their product for not working right… yes, 7.5 is a beefier DAW than 6.5, but you can do so much more with it… or less with it, its up to you… you dont need all the panels open all at once… flying around.

on the subject of RAM - you can NEVER have enough ram… windows home premium has a cap of 16GB, but Ultimate does not. I cannot wait for 128GB motherboards and i40’s! :smiley: by that time, well need it as the DAWs will be so graphically intense…

good luck!

I’m having the same problem with loopmash fx gui… will try this now… cheers!

update: updated graphics driver and apparently i have latest .net version… tried to install 4.0 but the installer said i have a newer version and quit… still no difference…

windows update guys - you may need service pack 1. also look for any visual/graphic updates from windows too. worked for me. I was running Windows 7 without any updates. in the end rather than update, I went and re-installed and updated. all running fine now. I used to believe in never updating my system, but now im a convert!

Yep i always stay up to date… still the same problem!

Again I will say - take solice in the fact that a LOT of people are having this issue… Which means if you ask tech support (I phoned them and they phoned me back … Twice!) they will be aware of this issue…

My problem was vastly more irritating than the loopmash FX GUI being white… I had no images in mediabay, and couldn’t even drag/drop from groove agent se4!! It was a nightmare and I was the only one who had this problem… Tech support eventually told me that after speaking to their tech development guys that it was to do with the .peak files - zoom in on groove agent and it takes a snap shot of the waveform… But it deletes the previous one… Which isn’t meant to happen on my system…

Also… I have to ask… Do you have a legal copy of windows? I’m not assuming or accusing anyone… But there are a LOT of buggy windows cracked programs and the “loaders” really screw up the winows wowsys stuff…

Anyway I reinstalled and got service pack 1 and magically 7.5 has become my new “6.5!” It IS rock solid… Even the mixconsole is amazingly tight and fluid…

I should also add I use a completely separate machine for my studio … I use a KVM switch to go between my studio PC And my internet PC…

Anyway I don’t know if any of this helps, but I’m just telling you my story… I also should add that while I was having problems I was blaming everyone else apart from me! Ha!

Maybe try uninstalling your graphics drivers, and use the drivers that came with your graphics card? Check your BIOS settings… But above all! You’ve paid for your copy of Cubase - so go hassle tech support - call them if necessary - they will help you…

Absolutely the best of luck! I just know you will get it all sorted!!

Calling Steinberg Tech Support would be nice but cannot get a phone # on the Web site nor in My Steinberg Account. My DAW purchase was a download so no nice DVD wrappings with info to refer to.

I am spending a fee for online tutorials to help me grasp using Cubase DAW 7x features and we are now covering LoopMash Fx. I’m loosing money here. So a timely resolution is pertinent. I"ve spent over 10-hours today researching & doing 3-Ts (Test, Tweak, Try) and many hours yesterday.

I’ve even downloaded & reinstalled via the new Cubase 7.5.30 maintenance update- no change! All I can find are Web-form Support mail. What is Steinberg’s, U.S.A. Tech Support phone number? I’d love to phone this to them. There’s something very wrong and not a lot of posts (compared to other issues) about the Blank LoopMash Fx screen.

I would add, if I deselect, “Always on top”, LoopMash either screenshoots my current Cubase desktop or expands to a screen-wide empty outline of concentric squares! I gotta talk to Steinberg. Can anyone supply their U.S. support number?

I’ve done all of the updates & tips given in these Posts to no avail (ASMedia, DisplayLink, .Net Framework 4.5.2, Etc.). Help from Anyone is appreciated. :confused:

I changed my graphics card to a newer one and problems solved!! at least in my own case…

Yeah, I’m using a $400 Gigabyte GPU & changing that is not an option. Especially, if it may not fix the problem for 1-plugin. So … I submitted a Trouble Ticket to the Big Brains at Steiny. :ugeek: They’ve always done well for me. I’ll continue to tinker while I await they’re input. :neutral_face:

:slight_smile: ♫ Oh Happy Days … ♪ Chalk this 1 on the side of User Error as this solution has been posted. I ignorantly thought both Video chips were getting updated & only 1 was.

I resolved my LMF (LoopMash Fx)problem. How? I updated the drivers of my GPU Graphics. My 3rd party graphics card is, “AMD RADEON 7990 3MB RAM by Gigabyte”

This is NOT the same as the Video Graphics that are part of the MoBo, “ASUS SABERTOOTH 99FX/GEN3 R2.0”, Chipsets. I have a separate graphics card that probably did NOT update when Microsoft was auto-updating nor ASUS (my MoBo vendor)when I updated the Video Graphics Chipsets.

So the previous Fixes were correct. I applied them incorrectly! DOAH!!! :slight_smile: