Studio pics!

Hey jb+, thanks :slight_smile:
Yes, I designed and built that desk myself. I had some experience because the previous desk I owned was also self built, so I already knew a bit about what worked and what didn’t. Building it yourself is much cheaper than buying one. Similar desks of this size are easily double the prize I paid for this, it was about €300,- worth of material, including paint, rack rails etc.
What I did was I started in Google sketchup (a free 3d modelling program). I measured up all my gear and replicated those dimensions in Sketchup. Then I figured out a setup that would work well for me, and pretty much built the desk to carry all the gear in that setup. The end result was almost identical to my first sketch, with some minor changes because of the available sizes of the wood.
The only thing I regret is I didn’t leave enough space for an 88-key controller. I might be able to fit a 73-key one in if it’s a slim design though, which would be good enough for me, just when recording pianists they might complain :wink:.
It’s true that a comfortable workspace does wonders for your creativity and workflow. Put some thought in where you position your screens because you easily put them too high up in a setup like this.
Also don’t underestimate the depth of a desk like this. My mixer is nearly 50cm deep and needs some additional space behind it for cables. The top shelf is 34cm deep to accommodate for larger monitors so the entire desk is 90cm deep which is more than a regular desk.

On another note: look, a wavedrum! :smiley: